The Realization

(Excuse my shitty writing, this is my first time writing and publishing a story like this lol)

April's POV:

I'm cutting wood at the side of the house, And I notice Donnie walking towards me out of the corner of my eye. I sigh and hope that he isn't going to attempt to hint that he has feelings for me again.. Its always so awkward because I think of him more as a brother-best friend than a boyfriend..

"Hey April" 

"Oh, Hi Donnie" 

"So, I just wanted to let you know that, I won't be bothering you with any music boxes anymore. I get it now, Bigfoot is to Donnie as Donnie is to April. I understand now that you're a human girl, and I'm just a mutant."

Although I am relived, I frown a little bit. "Donnie, You may be a mutant, but that's not all you are to me. I Think of you as a brother, And I value your friendship. I may not feel the same type of love as you, but that doesn't mean I don't feel any type of love towards you. You're like the brother I never had."

Donnie smiled a bit, He was about to respond but I interrupted him.

"But if I ever catch you speaking so low of yourself again, I'll rearrange everything in the barn, including your science stuff."

Donnie's mouth shifted into an O shape "You wouldn't dare."

"Try me."

Donnie rolled his eyes "Fine, Just don't mess with my stuff, I put everything in a specific order for a reason" 

"Yeah, Yeah, whatever" 

"I'm just glad that the whole love triangle thing is over with us, I guess that means you and Casey can finally go to the next level without me in the picture"

April snickers at Donnies comment, then lets out an audible laugh when she glances at Donnies confused face

"What? What's so funny??" 

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry. It's just that, I'm not into Casey either, Because I'm not into guys"

"Oh"

Donnie pauses for a moment 

"OH" Donnie covers his face with his hands "Ohmygodthisissoembarrassing"

April chuckles a bit and puts her hand on Donnies shoulder

"It's fine Donnie, It's not like you knew"

Donnie's face was still flushed red and his hands were still over his eyes 

a muffled voice spoke through embarrassment  "I'm so sorry April"  

April was now audibly laughing at Donnie's reaction, Which made Donnie visibly more embarrassed 

"It's okay Donnie! Just stand up straight and get your hands out of your face, Don't you have to work on Leo's medicine?"

Donnie then stood up "Yeah, you're right, I'll see you later April!"

Donnie then walked away with a small smirk on his face, seemingly relieved with how our conversation ended. 

TBC or whatever