You ready.?

"You ready.?" Cato said breaking the silence. Marvel and him were sitting next to each other in the training room which was empty. "Ready for what?" Marvel questioned " The games, are you ready for the games?" Cato added. Marvels smile dropped "Are you serious right now, Cato I'm not ready to die!" Marvel said turning away from Cato. "Your not going to die Marvel. And if you do, It's not that bad anyways. You need to understand this is what our districts prepared us for." Cato smiled thinking about his prior training. "I don't care about ANY of that Cato, I didn't want to volunteer for that kid in my district. But I knew if I didn't I would be hated, and blamed for it. Since for some reason I had to be the one to waste my life and die for someone else." Marvel started to tear up thinking about the life he could have, and should have lived.
Cato sat there thinking about what to say to the other career. He hadn't ever thought about the games all that much deeply, for the most part the careers and their trainers focused on killing others, not about them and the possibilities of them ending up dying. But they had always been reminded of the possibly of their training being all for nothing when watching the games every year. Every year when they watched the games, the trainers would replay things or point things out . Normally pointing out things that the tributes did that were stupid or unneeded that caused risks.
".. Why are you scared of death.?" Cato asked looking towards him. "why wouldn't I be, are you not?" Marvel questions with a shaky voice. "I don't think so. I think when I do end up dying I'll be scared but until then I kind of don't mind the idea of it happening." Cato said quietly. "What are your thoughts on the fact that we were made to do this and die?" Marvel asked abruptly, not liking the previous subject "Not exactly sure, what do you mean by we were made to do this." Cato asked expecting a short answer. " Well in my district each year they choose two kids to start training, so they can have tributes that are prepared year after year. I was picked, I was terrified at first by all of it. And I wasn't allowed to say no to it. They forced me to be how they wanted, they wanted me to be a psychopath who knew how to kill. Because of all of that I think that they basically made us to be killers that would end up dying in the end."Marvel explained ending with a long sigh.
Cato was completely frozen still thinking about everything Marvel had said. Cato wondered why he would open up so much about his thoughts after such a small question. Marvel had seriously just told him that he didn't like anything, that they were meant to. Cato started to stand up. Once up, he grabbed Marvels hand leading him towards the exit of the training room. "Cato what are you doing!" He was surprised Cato grabbed him so quickly, without warning. "Taking you to my room." "Your room!? I don't think I'm even allowed in there."Marvel said Nervously. "Yeah well I'd rather you open up about your feelings when we're not in a room full of potential cameras. "Cato said annoyed. By the time they were done talking, they had already ran into a couple people who lived in the capital. They were still in their training gear so they had gotten some odd looks.
Marvel and Cato slowly worked their way to the tribute holders. And unfortunately the route was full of people since the training arenas were quite far away from where the capital kept them.