Flicker and Firefly

Author's Note: Hello! This is Firefly's twin sister (picture) who is really shy and so she stayed with Jambu and Pineapple (Pineapple is her best adult friend/ uncle) while Glory was with the others for the planning day. Btw to explain somethings from the last chapter, Glory is pregnant and Webs retired.

Flicker pov

Flicker woke up to her mother's eyes. They were the emerald green that constantly twinkled and shone through her outer beauty. On the inside, not only was Glory beautiful, and a wonderful queen, she was wise, and noble, and caring. But one thing most people didn't expect, was that she was an amazing mother. With all of her duties, she always spared time for her dragonets and for Deathbringer. 

"Good morning, my Flick. Did you sleep well?"

Flicker nodded sleepily. Her mother smiled warmly and pulled Flicker up into her arms.

"I'm going to Jade Mountain Academy today, for a planning day for next school term. Do you want to come?" Glory asked.

"Who else will be there?"

"Well, It'll be me, your father, Firefly, Clay, Tsunami, Starflight and Fatespeaker. Just everyone from school. Honeybud, you're not going to learn in life if you don't try new things," Glory said kindly, but Flicker was already shaking her head.

 "I dunno... where would I stay today then. If I don't come, like." She murmured, burying her snout in her mother's soft cloak.

"Then you would probably stay with your uncles."

"Pineapple and Jambu?"

"Yes," Glory spoke, nudging her daughter's snout up with her own.

"Can I stay with Pineapple and Jambu today Mom?" Flicker asked, resting her head on Glory's shoulder.

"Of course," Glory answered. "I'll bring you your breakfast up."

They lived in a double story treehouse in the center of the village that was easily accessible in case Glory was not in her pavilion, so Glory went down to the lower level and brought up a mango for her to have for breakfast on the way to Pineapple and Jambu's home. 

Glory left with Deathbringer and Firefly, along with a guard, and Flicker tree-glided to a treehouse not too far away. Inside it were her lovely uncles, Jambu and Pineapple. She jumped up straight away into Pineapple's welcoming arms. He was one of her favourite dragons ever.

"Flick!" He exclaimed.

"'Appley!" That was one of the only nicknames that she called anyone, and only her parents, Firefly, and her uncles could call her Flick (except Jambu mostly called her Bud).

"Hey Bud!" Jambu said, embracing both her and Pineapple so that she was in a sandwich hug. she nestled against her uncles' and smiled.

"So, Flicker, are you going to go to Jade Mountain this year?" Pineapple asked after Jambu went to make them a snack.

"I don't know. I don't think so. I mean, If Firefly goes I might. I don't think Mom will want her to yet though. she thinks we're still too young." 

"Hmm. I don't know about that." Pineapple said thoughtfully. "I'll see what I can do." He winked at her, then twirled her in a circle.

"Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!" She screeched happily.

"Hmm," Pineapples eyes twinkled at her as he spun her inside and they tumbled down on a pile of blankets, laughing. Jambu smiled at his husband and his niece then placed a earthenware bowl on their little table filled with apple slices, before joining them on the blankets. Pineapple read them a story and they played and ate apple and danced the whole day away. It was the most fun Flicker had had in a while.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am very surprised of myself of how fast I'm publishing chapters :)