07‚ him

lies
chapter seven : him

"This is it?" Ruby asked as we pulled up to an old building

"This is it?" Ruby asked as we pulled up to an old building. This is supposedly where the gang leader is but to me, it looked empty.

After the police had searched the car to see if we were hiding anything, we all had to see what was in the box since they didn't find anything suspicious. Turns out it was a box of wrapping paper, but when we unraveled it - it was all money.

"Are supposed to knock or something?" Just as Annie had said that, the garage part of it lifted up, exposing what was behind it.

My nerves grew when Beth pulled her car in and all of us got out, taking in the scene in front of us. We stood in front of her car and watched the goons do their work with the money, my mouth dropping a bit in shock before my eyes wondered around, searching for him.

I spotted him and started to move forward, "Stay here." I told my girls and they nodded, taking a step back as I made my way away from them.

I cleared my throat when I appeared behind him, but he was talking to someone. "Hey," I spoke loudly, trying to interrupt their conversation, but he ignored me.

"I need to know we're good. That it's over," My eyes switched from him and the man that he was talking to, both ignoring me. "You can't show up to my house or my girls anymore. Not you or your little minions with your guns, you got it?" Growing frustrated I turned back around and was about to start walking, but then I looked at Beth, Ruby, Annie.

"Say it," I sternly said, spinning back around. "You can't come back, you're gonna leave us alone. So, say it."

That made him pause the conversation and look at me, the man he was talking to did the same. He stepped towards me a bit, staring me down as he did so, making me realize how hot he actually is.

Jesus what is wrong with me.

"We're good," He simply says, but the roughness of his voice sounded so good.

I gazed at him for a moment before nodding my head in understanding and walking away, giving the girls a discreet thumbs up and we all made our way back in the car.

We were sitting at the table, having drinks, and celebrating as we were finally finished with the gang leader, before Beth announced that she was going to call the kids, but what she had called for wasn't what she expected.

That's why we were now standing and watching as the car we stole from the dealership, was now sinking, and it was all because Annie decided it was a good idea to connect her phone to the car.

"Nice, Annie," I gave her a tight-lipped smile and she sheepishly smiled back.

"You know, I just -"