10‚ man in the bed ²

lies
chapter ten : man in the bed ².

I was feeling very awkward at the moment

I was feeling very awkward at the moment. We were outside of Beth's house standing in front of the gangleader, that I had sex with, while he sat on her steps.

"That is not what I meant when I said that we would do another job," Beth voiced. "Who is that guy?"

Rio sat with his hands together, staring Beth down as she talked with a smirk on his face. "He works for me."

I exhaled, rolling my eyes as I fidgeted in my spot, slightly turning to look at Ruby. I would've thought that the kid worked for him, I don't know why we were asking obvious questions when we could just get to the point.

"Does he wash the money?" Annie asked, but Rio didn't answer just stared at her.

"Regardless, there's been a miscommunication." Beth quickly ranted. I glanced at Rio who had seem to just have taken his eyes off of me.

Rio quietly chuckled, "Oh, so you think you can pick and choose what you wanna do and when you wanna do it." He glanced at all of us, stopping his focus on Beth.

I leaned my head back, "How about we just get to the point here, mmh?" I started, everyone turning their attention to me as I stepped forward beside Beth. "The kid is shot, we can't do nothing about it so how about you take him to the hospital?" I softly voiced, my eyebrows raising as Rio shook his head.

His expression was stern, making me hug my jacket tighter to my body. "What?" I asked. "You telling me he can't go to a hospital?" I frowned, stepping closer but stopping when Beth put a hand on my arm.

Rio quickly pursed his lips from stopping the grin that wanted to take over. "Yeah, he ain't going to no hospital."

"Why?" Annie asked.

Rio clenched his hands tightly together. "Cause there's people looking for him." Rio said as if he was irritated by the all the questions that were being asked.

Maybe he was, but I think he has no right.

I scoffed, "What if they show up here? The fuck are we gonna do?" I stuffed my hands into my black jacket pockets, staring him down as he did me.

"Trust me," He stared into my eyes. "Ain't nobody gonna shoot up Beaver Cleaver's house." He pulled out some cash from his jacket pocket and sat it next to him, staring back at us.

I hummed, turning to look at Ruby. "No, that's not gonna work." Beth announced, making me nod at her standing her ground for once even though I wouldn't mind if she didn't this once.

"No?" Rio glanced between us as he took out some more cash, placing it beside the other.

My eye twitched in anger. It was silent as I looked between my girls and realized that none of them were saying anything, they were also eyeing down the cash.