Chapter 2

Guy never showed , I had no choice but to move on alone . I traveled a while by myself , then one morning I came across a very interesting sight . It was food , all sorts of food , growing in perfectly straight rows . I heard giggling,  I hid behind a large growing plant and peeked out the side to see a girl with very long hair tied back , dressed in blue and she was the one giggling. She was playing with a wolf spider pup , I hadn't seen one so young before .

She took a piece of round food and threw it , the pup followed it , the round food rolled to a stop almost beside me . The pup was about to take it but saw me , It's ears immediately went back as it went on guard.  I crouched lower , i laid my hand low and opened my hand as a greeting " its okay..." I whispered trying to reassure it . It sniffed my hand cautiously before moving closer and sniffing the rest of me before it reached my face , where it licked my cheek . It was soft and ticklish,  I tried to stiffel a giggle , I heard large bushes being moved as the girl approached " where are you ? Can't you find it ?" She called before noticing me hiding against the food with the wolf pup on my lap .

Her eyes widened at the sight of me , understandably as this world isn't exactly a safe one . I awkwardly waved my hand " hi ?"

She waved back " hello ?.."

I took the round fruit and tossed it , the wolf pup jumped up excited and ran after it . I stood and dusted my pants " sorry to intrude,  I didn't realize that there were more people around here "

She watched me with surprise but she began smiling " I didn't realize there will still people out there either , what's your name ?"

"My name's Ash , what's yours ?"

"Dawn "

I extended my hand " Nice to meet you Dawn " she looked at my hand and shook it " you too , Ash "

It was suddenly quiet , my stomach growled loudly . I blushed embarrassed of all the times , it just had to growl now..

Dawn chuckled " you hungry ? Come on "

I quickly raised my hands up " I don't want to eat all your food " , she smiled and looked around as a gesture " we have enough .."

She led me to her tree house and I was amazed by their inventions to enter the tree , as we walked in Dawn and I were met with four people. Two people dressed in blue like Dawn and the other two dressed in animal pelts , Dawn smiled as the the four approached us curiously " Mom , Dad , Grug and Ugga . This is Ash , he's going to join us for breakfast "

The woman who was addressed as 'mom' ,sort of pulled Dawn closer , and whisper yelled " you can't just invite total strangers inside "

Dawn pouted " but you did , when the croods first came " , her mom seemed stunned at that . I waved awkwardly at the others " if this is an issue ..I can go " I pointed to the odd levitation mechanism.  Dawn turned around " no , please stay Ash "

Her dad sighed and walked up to me , wrapping an arm around my shoulders " how rude of us ...I am philip and this is my wife Hope "

" hi " I said again awkwardly,  the other two Ugga and Grug just smiled and waved before they led us to the large table where three other people sat , a young boy , an old lady and a baby.  Grug was the one to Introduce them " this is thunk,  granny and sandy "

I waved again , I heard two people talking as they entered the room , Grug introduced them as I turned to view them " This is my daughter Eep and --"

"Guy?" I questioned , Guy's head snapped up and gasped " Ash!" He suddenly ran up to me and hugged me " you're okay !" He broke the hug as he began rambling .

My confusion and frustration took over and I punched Guy in the arm suddenly,  everyone was surprised including the girl Eep who looked ready to tear me to shreds. 

I ignored everyone's stares " you moron ! I thought you died " I hissed

He laughed and rubbed his now sore arm " I'm sorry , I never had a chance to signal you "

I frowned " I doubt that...."

Eep stepped closer " Guy , do you know him ?"

Guy nodded and cleared his throat , wrapping his arm around my neck " Everyone this is my best friend Ash ,  we've been traveling together after our parents died.  We're practically family !"

Everyone seemed surprised but were welcoming , as I glared at him . Guy smiled " welcome...to our tomorrow Ash !"

This ...is what he was searching for ? 

I looked around at everyone as we sat and ate at the dinner table , my eyes roamed over everyone and stopped on Dawn who smiled at me welcomely .

Tomorrow huh ? I get it .