Chapter 1

Ash POV

The ground shook underneath my feet , the cliffs and rocks crumbled . The end is here , I've been racing against time trying to get to high ground and I would have gotten there sooner if I didn't have to deal with a detour . I had to help a Girelephant out a ditch and it took me two hole days to do it , I know I could have left it there to die but I can't leave animals like that . But because of my stupid soft hearted nature , I'm now literally running from a ash cloud . I really hope Guy made it over , I don't want to lose my bestfriend and brother .

As I reached the large lake that was infornt of the two peak cliff , I heard a cry from an animal . Looking around I didn't see anything but the sound came from behind me , I turned around and backtracked to find a turledove, it's wing trapped beneath a large rock . It moved and wiggled as much as it could but it couldn't get loose , I walked over to it . The turtledove spotted me and immediately panicked thinking that I was going to harm or eat it . It was probably separated from its flock and was hit with one of these boulders from the crumbling rock walls.

I raised my hands up and slowly approached "I'm not going to hurt you...let me help you , okay ?"

The turtledove watched me with suspicion , I don't blame it . Humans can be worse than predators , I reached the rock and looked to see what it was crushing . Thankfully it didn't break the wing , it's only trapped . I looked at the turledove " okay , stay still " . I placed both hands onto the rock and dug my legs into the dirt , pushing the rock as hard as I could . The ground shook violently as the ash cloud suddenly burst , getting bigger and moving closer . The turtledove seemed to notice aswell as it pushed its head against my back to help me move the rock , we both pushed as hard as we could and the rock finally budged , rolling off the wing .

The turtledove flapped the wing happily,  I sighed and rested my hands on my knees " see , told you I would help ". The sound of the ash cloud caught us both off guard as it the air around us started getting hot . The turtledove turned to fly away , I couldn't let this opportunity pass . I quickly jumped onto it's back as it took flight , it tried to shake me off but the ash cloud was the immediate danger , and so the turtledove flew as fast as it could over the large two peaked mountain.  

I sighed with relief realizing that we were now safe , the turtledove on the otherhand didn't appreciate my company . It swirled around with so much speed that I had trouble holding on , it flipped over harshly . My grip loosened as I fell off its back and plunged into the sea . I swam up to the surface and coughed violently , I watched the turtledove fly away and join its flock ." That's what I get for saving you !?"

I groaned as I looked around before swimming to shore . I turned and laid down onto the sand , I made it across.  I really hope I wasn't the only one that made it . I sat up and dusted the sand from my hair , I looked up to the sea and watched the sun setting over the horizon.  I moved further onto the land and made a fire ,  I sat as close as I could to the flame to warm up and dry my clothes .

" if Guy isn't here by morning,  I will have to continue on my own " I looked up at the sky to admire the stars " ...to find our permanent home , a place Guy calls Tomorrow "

Shine Your Way ( Dawn Betterman fanfic) जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें