CHAPTER 25

TW

[ gunshot, blood  ]

***

Maeve drove my car because we both knew I was in no condition to drive. I was just dumbfounded as I tried to get what was happening right now into my mind.

Mommy got shot?

She got shot twice?

Mom got shot twice.

MY MOM got shot twice.

I put my palm on my forehead and bit my lip because I didn't want to cry out loud. As we approached the said hospital, I felt like there was a fire burning inside me. Every breath I take gets deeper and deeper, I feel like everything is disappearing, my surroundings are getting dark. When the car stopped, I couldn't stop getting off the car and quickly ran inside. Pagkapasok ko ay hinanap ko kaagad kung nasaan si Mommy, I walked straight because I was looking at every window.

Blangko kong tinignan si Adrian na nanginginig nang tinawag niya ang pangalan ko. Diretso akong naglakad papalapit sa kaniya pero kusang napunta ang tingin ko sa bintana kung saan may maraming doktor at nurse na nandoon. My eyes started to heat up and I shed more and more tears.

My heart exploded when a doctor left, Mommy is shown covered in blood. I gasped, covered my mouth.

"Si Judge Vienaiaz 'yon, 'di ba?"

"Ngayon ko lang nakita mga anak niya."

"Kawawa naman sila.."

It hurt me so much to see my mother lying there, she was so pale, I saw her body full of blood. The doctors panicked even more.

"Code Blue, Code Blue, Emergency Room, Code Blue,"

"She lost her vitals! Revive her now!" They shouted. My eyes were full of tears and I couldn't see anymore, I was about to fall to the floor but I felt a hug from the side.

"Ate.." I fell to pieces when I heard what Adrian called me. I can no longer be kept in the situation and I just want to get out of his embrace, I can't calm down anymore. Pumadyak-padyak ako habang umiiling, lumalaban pa ako sa mga hawak ni Adrian. How can this calm me down? It's Code Blue!

"She's losing a lot of blood!"

My lips trembled. "M-mommy.. Mommy!" I cried loudly and lost all my energy. I carried all the pain I felt when I cried hard. I screamed while crying, what in the world did I do and why did my mother have to receive a bullet? Why is she.. I can just do it. For her. She wouldn't have ended up in this situation, she wouldn't have been in trouble now!

I rubbed my cheek and went into Adrian's embrace. I shook my head as I wondered what the condition was now. I don't want to lose my mom, she's my everything, she's my mommy, I love her so much. She's still my life, she can't pass away now. I need her, we need her.. everytime.

I raised my head to look around, but my eyes turned dark when I caught sight of Daddy. I tightened my hold on Adrian's hand and took it away from me, I lost my temper and quickly walked towards him, ready to hurt and yell at him, but before I could do that, Kuya Ashton stopped me so my tears and anger overflowed even more.

"Nadeleine, that's our Dad-"

"This is all because of you!" Tinuro-turo  ko si Daddy, he just looked at me with his red eyes. I shouted at him vigorously again.  "It's all your fault! This wouldn't have happened to Mommy today if it wasn't for you! I.." nanghina ang boses ko dahil alam ko rin sa sarili kong mali 'yung dapat kong sabihin, my breathing is also getting deeper. I shouldn't wish that he should be the one to be shot and not my mother.