12 | Coincidence?

"Lucian, do you know what you are?"

With an answer in mind, Eleanore asked Lucien, but he remained silent and grinned broadly.

"A slave?"

"No. You're a descendant of the Topaz Household."

Although remaining quiet, Lucian maintained his constant smile. It took him very little time to nod his head in understanding.

"Sure!"

She was quite taken aback by his unusually fast agreement. He was merely a new slave purchase who lived a life of servitude.

(Why does he have such a carefree, happy, and accepting attitude?)

The idea that the other slaves would be equally weird as Evius seemed to hold some truth.

(He's also hard to read.)

"Exactly 250 years ago, there were five prominent households that served the Imperial Family. Household of Onyx, Diamond, Chrysolite, Lapis Lazuli, and Topaz."

Lucian continues to listen without commenting, which Eleanore took as a sign for her to continue.

"Each family safeguards those gemstones because they carry God's blessing and curse, although I don't exactly know how it works. The Amaryllis Empire and its people are protected by these gems. It was bestowed on the first Emperor of Amaryllis. Right now, those gemstones are hidden in the palace."

Lucian continued to grin, but this time he opened his mouth to say something.

"How did Master knew?"

"There are two informant. Evius is one, while the other is... I honestly can't tell you."

(It would be lengthy and complicated if I told him that the actual Eleanore had provided me with information about them. I will tell them about my true identity when all of this is over.)

"Evius. Is he also a descendant?"

In response to Lucian's query, Eleanore nodded.

"He comes from the Household of Onyx."

"Did you know he was from Onyx, like me?"

(This is a surprise. He started to ask more and more questions. I was mistaken about him.)

"No. It was Evius. In fact, Evius is the one who told me you're from Topaz."

(I know it doesn't make any sense. Evius is aware that he is an Onyx descendant, and he even told me that Lucian is a Topaz descendant.)

(Eleanore... the reason why Evius is at the top of your list, is it because he is the real key to the rebellion?)

"It's hilarious."

"Huh?"

"Evius appears to have all the answers!"

Eleanore paused for a bit as she thought about what he had said.

The fact that Evius seems to know everything is accurate, but as long as he helps her, she won't mind.

"Yes. He appears to be knowledgeable."

"So Master, what are you going to do with all of this information?"

"... A rebellion. I want to make a place where both can be equal, and there will be no slaves. I just... want to make this place a better one. Even while it won't be perfect, it will at least be a place where men and women may coexist in peace and with mutual respect."

As it always is, Eleanore's statements were sincere and genuine. Her words remained constant, and Lucian's eyes seemed to have a dreamlike glow as he gazed at her.