Prologue

Nova's POV

I cried as I looked at the tests on the counter. All three had two lines. All three said I was pregnant. With an actual baby. 

I'm too young to be a mom, I'm 17 for fucks sake. I haven't graduated high school yet, gone to college, or done anything with my life. 

How the hell do I explain this to my mom, she's going to be pissed. 

Calm down. She loves you she'll understand. I nod to myself and wash my face getting ready for when she comes home. My sister and stepdad are out so they'll be home later so I'll just wait for them to come home. 

Focusing on my breathing I calm myself down before I trigger a panic attack. I put the tests in my room keeping them hidden for now. It's not for another hour everyone is home. I grab one of the tests and put it in my pocket walking to the living room. 

"Hey, guys I have something to say," I speak up and Brian, my stepdad, pauses the tv. Mom and my sister, Sam, look at me nodding. 

"What's up, Nova?" Sam asks me. 

"I would like you all to be quiet until I'm done." They all nod and take a deep breath. "I'm pregnant." I decide to rip off the bandaid quickly. 

"WHAT?" They all screamed. 

"What the do you mean your pregnant Nova."

"I mean mom I'm pregnant." I bite my lip. 

"How the hell did you get pregnant?" Brian asks. 

"Me and Jack got drunk one night and things happened," I say awkwardly not wanting to tell my family I had sex. 

I look around the room to see my stepdad looking furious, my sister looking happy and my mom I couldn't tell. 

"How could you be so irresponsible to get yourself knocked up?" My mom spoke with fury and disappointment. 

"I-"

"No how much of a whore do you have to be knocked up while in high school?" My mom started to get closer to me. She wouldn't let me get a word in as she continued to berate me.

"You know what get your ass out of my house."

"Mom," Sam said from where she was at on the couch. 

"No, Sam unless you want to join the whore you can shut the hell up. Nova get your shit and get out of my house." 

I hold in my tears and run up the stairs to my room. I slam the door and start to grab my stuff. I fill up my duffle bag with as many clothes and hygiene products as I can.  I grab my backpack and fill it up with my dad's stuff he left me and my savings. Since I was fourteen I've worked to buy myself a car, but Brian surprised me by buying me a car for my 16. 

I finish grabbing my stuff and walk downstairs to see Brian and my mom acting normal. I shake my head and walk to my car loading up all of my stuff in the trunk, as I close it, Sam comes out. 

"You can't be actually leaving." She tells me. Sam is only a year younger than me at 16. 

"You heard mom, she doesn't want me here."

"Where are you going to go?" She asked with concern. 

"I'm going to see if I can stay with Jack." She nodded. 

"Please call me when you get a chance."

"Of course." I bring her into a hug. 

"Also, I really want to be an aunt." I nod and squeeze her tighter before letting her go. 

I get in my car and back out of the driveway. 

Third Person POV

Nova never did live with Jack. When she told Jack about the baby he threw her out. 

She left town and made it as far as she could, where she would stay until her sister called her one day years later. 

<---->

Trigger Warning:

- Violence

-Blood and gore

-Knives and guns

-There might be sexual scenes