Six Minutes or More of Magnus's Perspective: Part 2

Magnus's perspective

I did it, I managed to get out of my fireproof clothing and straight jacket. Well I didn't take it off yet, that would alert the guards which I did not under ANY circumstances want to do. As I sat there in my cell a guard walked past me, "Hey uh, guard man would you mind coming in here for a second? I need to talk to you about something..." He was suspicious, correctly so and asked, "Why would you want me to come in there?" "Relax it's not like I can torch you remember?" Gesturing at my clothing, "I just need you to look at my bed, I think one of the legs might crack soon but I'm not sure." The guard sighed and rolled his eyes before coming in. He looked at the wooden leg I asked him to take a look at, his back was turned towards me, big mistake for the guard. I ripped off my clothing and before the guard could do anything I knocked him unconscious with his own baton. And hurriedly replaced my clothes with his. I hid my hair under his hat in order not to be recognized. And walked out hiding his body under the covers of my bed to make it look like I went to sleep. I had 20 minutes to get out before the guard would check on us for roll call. Which sounds like plenty of time but given the size of this prison and the fact that it's built like a maze to make escaping like I'm doing right now difficult, it's barely enough time.

As I walked passed corridor and doors I greeted guards who didn't care enough to inspect the guard they've never seen here before. As I walked I saw the exit and the outside world with my own two eyes. Yes it so close! I ran towards the door and opened it, going outside just before the prison went on lockdown. Yes! I thought, finally something went right! Though maybe I was celebrating a bit too early because the next thing I heard was,

"MAGNUS STOP RIGHT NOW! OR ELSE."

Sh-t they noticed me! I tried to run but soon guards ran towards me with guns pointed at me. "LAST CHANCE MAGNUS." I stood there thinking if it was worth my life to escape, the answer, yes it was. I threw a fireball the one the guys in front of me and ducked behind cars while running towards the forest in the distance. I could hear bullets hit the metal of the cars behind me but I didn't stop, I COULDN'T stop. After I took a couple of rough falls and cutting myself against a couple things I reached the forests border against the prison

"HE'S GETTING AWAY! SOMEBODY CATCH HIM NOW!"

Those were the last word I heard before I ran into the forest, cuts and bruises scattering my body, all while somehow avoiding the gunfire I ran, and ran, and ran until my legs gave out under me. No, I have to keep going...they'll catch me if I stop...were the last of my thoughts before I blacked out...

When I woke up a couple hours later I was right where I fell unconscious. Some leafs had fallen on my body and my legs f-cking HURT. Seriously I can't catch one break! First I get forced to follow the monarch and her dictatorship, then I have the pleasure of meeting the four, then Holiday and her stupid f-cking family! Then I wound up here! "AGH" I punched a tree in my anger lighting it up in flames, wait that's not good. As the tree lit up I tried my best to contain it, if it spreads to other tree's and starts a wildfire they'll know exactly where I am! Though then again they probably wouldn't be able to get close enough to catch me until it went out...Oh that's a horribly amazing thought right there...

10 minutes later I was standing in the middle of a wildfire, fire doesn't affect me of course so I'll be fine. I could afford to walk at a nice slow pace towards my destination now. Which my legs desperately needed. They couldn't touch me without their pathetic faces melting in the heat could they now? Though then again posing questions to myself is kinda a useless endeavor. As I walked out I entered what seemed to be a small town. There weren't many people or places, a perfect place to lie low for a bit while I plan my next move. That thought was quickly shot down by a woman seeing me and subsequently screaming her head off, ugh does she have to be so loud! She ran away but her little fit cause more and more people to notice me. Ah right, now that a literal f-cking human torch has escaped imprisonment all the news stations and people are probably having a field day with that aren't they? Hm, but perhaps I could use this to my advantage.