𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒆𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 - 𝒊 𝒃𝒆𝒍𝒊𝒆𝒗𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖

a/n: sorry for not updating yesterday, i was busy 😭

this chapter was so fun to write 
got me giggling and shit 😳

»»»~»»»

THE TEENAGERS WERE GATHERING IN A CIRCLE, discussing about what had happened to Lo'ak the day before. With the attention fully on Lo'ak, he thought that it would be a good idea if he told them about the kind tulkun he'd met. He was wrong.

"I wish I'd been there. The ocean blessed you with a gift, brother." Kiri responded in amazement, with her mouth slightly agape. Aonung quickly ruined the mood shortly after.

"The tulkuns haven't returned yet, and anyways no tulkun is ever alone."

Already fed up with Aonung, Lo'ak rolled his eyes and continued with his story.

"Well this one was. He had a missing fin, like a stump on his left side." The Metkayina teens looked at each other warily. 

"Payakan. It's Payakan."  Tsireya warned. Lo'ak looked at A'leyra in confusion, her face showing the same expression.

"Who is Payakan?" 

"A young bull who went rogue. He is outcast, alone and has a missing fin. They say he's a killer."

"He killed Na'vi and other tulkuns. Not here, but far to the south."

A'leyra noticed Lo'ak's uneasy expression, gently placing her arm on his. He looked at her pleadingly, not wanting her to believe their lies. She lightly squeezed his arm to affirm him.

"No, he's no killer. I'm telling you guys! He saved my life." Now putting his attention fully onto A'leyra, as if he was begging for her to believe him. 

"My baby bro! The mighty warrior who faced a killer tulkun, and lived to tell about it." Neteyam tried to lift up his younger brothers mood. Totally not so that he'd let go of A'leyra's hand. He would never do that.

Lo'ak shrugged him off with a grunt, claiming that no one was listening to him. A'leyra scoffed. Did he just ignore everything she did to let him know that she believed him? Skxawng.

He let go of her hand as he walked away from them. 

"Lo'ak i'm listening!" Tuk's adorable baby voice tried to get her brother back. All she wanted was to hear more about Payakan.

"I'm gonna go check on hi-" She was quickly cut off.

"No!" Neteyam cleared his throat awkwardly, trying to avoid the confused stares from the rest.

"I-I mean no, I should go talk to him. I was the one who sent him away." He tried to cover up his slip up. He wasn't that successful though.

"Neteyam, I will go talk to him." She stated firmly, locking eyes with him as he folded under her glare.

She walked away, leaving the extremely awkward situation. 

»»»~»»»

"What was that all about?" All of them wondering the same question.

"Nothing. Don't worry about it." Neteyam looked down in shame. They had caught on to him.

Neteyam couldn't handle it anymore. He couldn't handle seeing the girl he fell in love with, fall for his younger brother. He immediately got up and walked back to his marui.

"What's with him?" If Aonung didn't get the answers to the most interesting topic that the Sully's had to offer, he'd probably explode.

"He likes A'leyra..." Kiri concluded shortly. All of them collectively gasped softly, except Tuk. She gasped as loudly as you could imagine.