ten.

❝but now i got therei'm a loverso let me love youwhatever the weather❞

but now i got there
i'm a lover
so let me love you
whatever the weather

— lover // over the moon, alice phoebe lou

EXCITEMENT BEGAN TO build up inside Florence as she pulled her nicest clothes from her wardrobe and set it on her twin-sized bed. It was almost time for Neil to pick her up and begin their first date. 

Honestly, it was Florence's first date. She thought she was late dating since she was almost eighteen and hadn't felt a strong attraction before she met Neil. Nevertheless, she was so thrilled that she could burst with excitement.

Florence carefully thought out her outfit for the night. She decided on a patterned button-up dress decorated with simple navy blue flowers. Additionally, Florence added a matching cardigan and tiny pearl earrings gifted by her mother. She stared at herself in the mirror, hoping she looked good enough to impress Neil, yet she still had a few doubts. She brushed her hair and smoothed her clothing before slipping on her shoes, sitting on her bed waiting patiently for the boy she's wanted to go out with for so long. 

The clock ticked silently; Florence exhaled nervously. She shouldn't be so nervous about a date. Right? Her friends in London went out with boys from school every weekend. Why was Florence so anxious? She considered picking up her violin since it was one of the ways Florence used to calm herself, but it was too late. Neil could be at her door at any moment. 

Minutes passed as the girl repeatedly tapped her foot, glancing at the door. She immediately rose from the bed once she heard rhythmic footsteps near her room. Florence approached the door but hesitated. Would she seem too eager if it looked like she was waiting? She thought, adjusting her hair. Three knocks rang throughout her room, causing her to jump, startled. 

Florence slowly walked to the door, taking one last deep breath before unlocking it. It revealed a sweet-looking Neil Perry, holding a simple bouquet, awkwardly standing before her. He wore a coffee-brown sweater along with some neat leather shoes. He looked well-groomed, making Florence's heart flutter once she laid her eyes on the boy. It felt like love at first sight, even though they'd known each other for a while.

"Wow," Neil whispered, loud enough for only Florence to hear. She chuckled at the anxious boy, relieving some of her nerves before Neil snapped out of his thoughts. He handed Florence the colorful flowers as a pink tint came upon her face.

She smiled as she took the gift, and the bright flowers lit her face. "Thank you," she beamed. Florence quickly returned to her room, searching for a container to keep the flowers in. She ended up placing them in an unused cup before adjusting her dress and approaching Neil, who was admiring her from the doorway. He felt a heavy weight of realization on his chest after seeing her all prepared for their first date made him nervously excited. He was falling in love.