𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕿𝖜𝖔

THE PALACE WAS BUSTLING WITH PEOPLE and that's how it had been the past three days

  THE PALACE WAS BUSTLING WITH PEOPLE and that's how it had been the past three days. But, Myunghwa did not like it a single bit, especially when she knew the reason behind all of the business. She was getting married...but not for love, only for her father's personal gain in earning a new ally.

   It made her sick to her stomach, knowing that she would never be able to experiance truly falling in love with someone. Myunghwa had always longed to meet someone that would take her breath away and sweep her off her feet, into in a life full of unconditional love and unforgettable memories. Or maybe she was just still caught up in the fairytales she used to read when she was a little girl.

   Once again Myunghwa was sat on her blacony, journal on her lap as the pencil glided over the page, a couple begining to take form on it; they were wrapped in each others embrace...as if letting go was their last thought. The princess bites her bottom lip in concertration as her hand continued to move across the page. But an abrupt knock on the door breaks that concertration, Myunghwa turns her head as her younger sister steps inside.

  Sunhee gives her older sister a small as she steps out onto the blacony, before sitting beside Myunghwa. "How are you doing?" Sunhee asks, the older princess breathes out a sigh and shrugs her shoulders "I don't know..." She began, closing her journal and turning her body to face Sunhee. "Eventhough I knew this day was inveitable," She fidgets with leather buckle on her journal as she continued "I'm still upset....I'm upset that I don't have the free will to marry who I want...who I fall in love with." Sunhee's facial expreesion softens at her older sisters words as she takes Myunghwa's hand into hers. "Who says you won't fall in love with the prince....I have heard he's very charming." Sunhee says trying to make Myunghwa feel better about the situatuion.

  A light chuckle leaves from Myunghwa's mouth, giving Sunhee's hand a small squeeze "Thank you, Sunhee..." She sighs again "but I'd rather marry for love and not kingdom benefits." Myunghwa repeats as she stands from the couch and steps back inside. Sunhee sighs, feeling frustration bubble up inside her as she follows Myunghwa "Look," Sunhee started, causing Myunghwa to turn to her again "I know you're upset and you don't want to do this...but wouldn't it be for the best, to just go through with it and not cause trouble for mother and father." She tries to reason with Myunghwa, but the princess only feels more upset by her sisters words.

   Myunghwa's hands clench into fists as tears begin to gloss over her eyes "But...but I want to live my life...live my life without all these stupid rules, that I have to stand by with." Sunhee's chest tightens painfully when a tear falls from her eye. "Everything feels so suffocating at times. Sometimes I just want to get out of here and leave." She confesses, a trail of salty tears rolling down her cheeks. Sunhee shakes her head "You don't mean that." She insists, not wanting to believe what Myunghwa was saying. "Oh...but I do...I meant every word. I hate having to live up to these high standards of being absolutely perfect."

   Sunhee is rendered completely speechless, she had never know that was how Myunghwa felt about her life. She opens her mouth to say something, but another knock on the door stops her froming uttering a single word. "Come in." Myunghwa calls, wiping away the drying trail of tears with her hands.

   The door finally opens, revealing Siyeon. The maid spares glances between the two sister...but she doesn't outwardly question, why Sunhee looked so distressed, of why Myunghwa's eyes were slightly red. Siyeon clears her throat "Ummm...we need your measurements for your dress." She says, the princess nods "Thank you, Siyeon. I'll be there in a minute." And with that Siyeon leaves the two sister alone once again. Myunghwa breathes out a sigh as she sits down in her chair of her desk and starts flipping a pencil in her hand.

  Silence continues as the sisters bask in the conversation they had shared. And without another words, Sunhee begins walking over to the doors. She opens the door, but before she steps out, she turns back to Myunghwa "Please...don't do anything stupid, Myunghwa." Sunhee says, before finally stepping out of her room, shutting the door behind as she did.

   Myunghwa sighs for the millionth time, her head falling on the back of the chair, suddenly feeling more tears stinging at her eyes. The princess loved her family very dearly adn was forever grateful for everything that her parents had done for her...but sometimes she really did feel like she just wanted to live a normal life and not have so many rules to keep up with and expectations to live up to.

  Her mind then goes to what Sunhee had said 'Don't do anything stupid' Abruptly Myunghwa sits up in her chair...she was going to do something stupid.

_______________________________________________

   Hello everyone, so you know how said I would have more time to update, since I graduated? Well I might've actaully gotten a job in between that time...so at this poiont I'm just going to try my very best to update as often as I can. Also I've been debating wether or not to post the first chapter, to World Turned Upside Down (aka my very first Ateez fic that isn't a royalty au). I am still physically writing it (I'm on chapter 17 currently and its 26 in total), so we'll see what happens. Anyway, I hoped you enjoyed this chapter, things are starting to happen and I can't wait to post the following chapters (especially when the romance starts up). Have a great day/night<3

     Also, I'll just leave this here. This may or may not have been one of the -many- reasons I started writing Runaway.

 This may or may not have been one of the -many- reasons I started writing Runaway