Chapter 3

"Thanks for helping me out, Peso."
She sat on the bed, the suitcase on the end of it. It was a small room with two bunkbeds, down near the boiler. But it was hers.
"It's my job to help people. Besides, us rookies have to stick together. I've only been here for a week myself." Peso replied.

"We should stick together. Maybe you can help me out. I bet you know my brother better than I do." She sighed.
"I think he's just worried about you. He's very brotherly to everyone on the crew."
"I know. He's always considered himself the big brother, even though I was born a few hours before. He always forgets that."
"Well, if you guys really are siblings, I'm sure he'll warm right up to you." Peso smiled.
"I hope so."

"Cap'n! You outta come down from there! It's getting dark. That's when the monstas come out!" Shouted Kwazii.
Barnacles looked at his watch and sighed, he hadn't noticed the time.
"Eh. I suppose you're right."
He muttered, switching the pod back to autopilot, the platform lowering.
"I know you're a little bamboozled about ya sista, but I'm sure that it's all for the best. It'll be good for youse. Good old, sister and brother bonding." The cat commented as he followed the captain off the platform and into the hallway.
"Unfortunately, my sister has been through a lot. She's quite tough. She hasn't been herself lately. I suppose that's why." Barnacles stated.

"Once you two have a mission together, it'll be just like you were little kids again. Blood runs thicker than water." Kwazii said, approaching his quarters.
"Blood runs thicker than water... that's good. Where'd you get that from?" He asked.
"A Pirates Tail: The Adventures of a Cap'n. I bet you'd like it actually." He slipped in the room and grabbed the dusty book, holding it out to Barnacles. "Theres ya go. I finished it anyway."

"Thank you, Kwazii. That's very kind. I'll give it a go." Barnacles took the book with a smile, lightly dusting it off.
"Sure thing, Cap'n." He shut the door.
"And it does have pictures. I know you can't read books without pictures." Kwazii reassured through the door.
"Thank you, Kwazii." Barnacles said sarcastically, trudging towards his room. His room was on the lower level. He didn't like the noise on the floor above.

As he reached his quarters, he realized that he was right beside the guest room, where his sister was. He sighed, moving his hand away from the door handle to her door, knocking lightly.
"Bianca?" He said softly.
"Yes?" She answered.
"Goodnight."
"Goodnight." She replied.