Chapter 4

I quickly requested a ride to my home at Houghton. I was feeling ashamed, disappointed and mostly afraid of what Qhawe now thought of me. You see, I was never a coward but when it came to love, sex, commitment and intimacy, I ran away from these things like I was in a marathon.

My ride arrived and I got in and greeted the driver who seemed polite enough but I guess he saw that I wasn't in a mood to talk. He played gospel music throughout the ride, as if I wasn't already going through alot. My phone kept vibrating with Qhawe calling me endlessly. I decided to just put it on silence and just look out the window.

When we arrived, I paid and the driver randomly said 'I hope you heal sisi, here's my card if you ever wanna talk'. I was left confused about why would a Uber driver offer me a venting session. Chucking the card in my bag I opened the gate and saw the twins playing soccer in the backyard and my mom taking a swim. Great, I wouldn't have to greet and all of that. I just waved at them and continued with my journey.

I  found preparing dinner in the kitchen and I greeted him and told him I needed to talk to him later. I grabbed an apple and headed to my room. I went to take a shower and then got into my pj's and start shooting some content. After 3 hours, Khonzani knocked on my door and told me dad was home and he wanted everyone by the dinner table.

Damn I had forgotten to tell y'all about my dad. His name is David Sboniso Mahlangu, he's an architect and owns a construction company, he is 44 years old and one of the strictest person you'll ever met. He was away on business and I feel like I'm much closer to my dad, he gets me in some way. I quickly wear my gown and slippers and then head downstairs.

I greet everyone and give my dad a hug, I've really missed my old man. I help Nkosiiey to set the table and bring out the food. Khonzokuhle prays and then we start eating while conversing with each other about how our week went and other random stuff. Everything was going well until I realized everyone had stopped eating and was starring at me.

'What the hell is on your neck Nkosazana?' I heard my dad asking in voice that sent chills down my spine.

Nkosiiey looked like he wanted to bolt from the dinner table and the smaller set of twins were told to go and finish their food in their rooms and I knew I had fucked up because my dad only called by Nkosazana when I had fucked up. I kept my head down and pulled my gown closer to my neck. For the first time my mom looked scared for me and I knew ukuthi ziyakhala ke manje.

'Ngikhuluma nawe dammit! Awusakwazi ukukhuluma manje huh, ngiphendule manhn!' [I'm talking to you dammit, or you can't talk now huh, answer me] my dad thundered.

'Yehlisa umoya sthandwa sami, I'm sure she has a good explanation for all of this' [calm down my love] my mom tried calming down my dad.

'Uthi angehlise umoya huh! Musa ukungibhedela Thobekile, ngikushiya nengane zami maqede ngithola sezinama love bite, Musa ukungihlanyela wena!' [you're saying I should calm down huh? Don't patronize me Thobekile, I leave my kids with you and when I come back they have love bites? Don't bullshit me] my dad said while pointing at my mom who kept her peace after that.

' Nkosana ngiphathele ibhande lami, wena ngilande' [Nkosana bring me my belt, you follow me] my dad said while going into the direction of his study.

At this point I was now crying because my dad rarely hit us but when he did, he would beat the shit out of you. I followed him into the study and Nkosiiey had brought him the belt. I didn't blame him, if he had defiled dad, they would have shifted the blame on him.

My dad locked the door and said I must remove my gown and sit. He handed me a mirror and boy, Qhawe had did a number on me. My neck was purple bluish from Qhawe's love bites and I saw gore no I was in deep shit.