Hi!

A play i had to right in 5th grade 😭

Hansel and Gretel the Black Version

Narrator 1 [Me]: Once upon a time, at the edge of the forest, there lived a poor woodcutter with his new wife and two children, Hanselo and Gretisha. Food had now become scarce and the family had little food. One night, the woodcutter lay awake worrying.

Woodcutter: My dear, are you awake?

Stepmother: Yeah, what's up?

Woodcutter: What's gonna happen to us? How are we gonna feed our kids when there's barely enough for just the 2 of us?

Stepmother: I think I have an idea. Tomorrow morning we'll take the kids far into the forest and we'll leave them there.

Woodcutter: I can't do that to my own kids. Wild animals will come and eat them alive.

Stepmother: Then all four of us will starve. You may as well start building our coffins now.

Woodcutter: Hmmm..You're probably right, but I feel bad for the poor rugrats.

Narrator 1[Me]: The two hungry children had been awake the whole time and had heard what their stepmother had said to their father.

Gretetisha: Omg, what's gonna happen to us now?

Hanselo: Chill, I have an idea.

Narrator 1[Me]: After everyone was fast asleep, Hanselo crept out of the house and found white pebbles glistening in the moonlight.

Narrator 1[Me]: The next morning, the stepmother woke the children before it was even light outside.

Stepmother: Get up!! We're going to the forest to get some wood.

Hanselo: k, Ma.

Narrator 1[Me]:Then they all set out together on the way to the forest. When they had walked a short time, Hanselo stood still and peered back at the house, and he did that again and again till the house was out of sight.

Woodcutter: "Hanselo, whatcha looking at? Pay attention, and don't forget how to use your legs kiddo."

Hansel: "oh, Dad, I'm just looking at my small beige cat. He's sitting up on the roof, and wants to say bye to me."

Stepmother: "Idiot, that's not your cat, it's the sun's rays on the chimneys."

Narrator 1[Me]:Hanselo,obviously, had not been looking back at the cat, but was constantly throwing one of the white pebble-stones out of his pocket and onto the road. When they had reached the middle of the forest, the father said,

Woodcutter: "Kids, pile up some wood, and I'll light a fire so that you aren't cold."

Narrator 1[Me]: Hanselo and Gretetisha gathered brushwood together, as far as they could see. The wood was lighted, and when the flames were burning ,the woman said,

Stepmother: "ok, kids,sit by the fire and rest. We'll go into the forest and get some wood. When we're done, we'll come back and bring you home."

Narrator 1[Me]: Hanselo and Gretetisha sat by the fire, and when noon came, each ate a little piece of bread, and when they heard the hits of a wood-axe they thought that their Dad was close. It wasn't the axe, but a branch which he had stuck to an old tree while the wind was blowing.

Gretisha: "How the heck are we going to get out of the forest now!?"

Hanselo: "Just wait a little, until we can see the moon, and then we'll soon find the way and when the full moon had risen,