4. Ryker

I stood across from Rory with arms crossed as he struggled to get his wrists free from the binds. He had tears rolling down his cheeks as he looked up at me.

"Why are you doing this to me, Rye?" He whimpered as he tugged in the binds that we're covered in wolf's bane. "Rye please."

"Don't call me that," I snarled and he whimpered before he broke down, "who were you meeting in the woods at night, Rory? And don't bullshit me."

He just shook his head as he cried and begged me to let him go. "You nearly cost me my mate, Rory, what were your thinking?"

"We-were supposed to be together," he said voice cracking as tears rolled down his face and I clenched my jaw.

"We both knew there was no future for us," I said as I walked towards the table and sat across from, "we had our fun, and we agreed to end what we had two years ago."

He shook his head in denial, "I love you, Ryker, and I have loved you since I was 15." He whispered as he looked at me and I hated the pain in his eyes but we both agreed that we would end things between us as soon as none of us sensed our mate and that's what I had done when I first felt a pull towards Preston without knowing it was him. But now that I saw him, I yearn to be with him. To feel him, to hear his voice and just be close to him. Even now knowing that he was in the same location as I me was hard. I wanted to just walk out of this place and search for him before he and sister and cousins left. 

>If you want to see Preston before he and the others leave, then you better finish up here< Zeus said and I nodded as I looked at Rory, "tell me who gave you that potion, Rory."

He shook his head and I slammed my hands in the metal table making him jump as he sobbed. "I'm giving you a chance to come clean, Rory before I banish you from the pack." His head snapped up to face me with tears streaming down his face, his nose was was as his eyes. "Why were you meeting a warlock in the woods? And for how long have you been giving me that?"

He sniffled, "t-two years. Right after we ended things. I-I didn't want things to end between us but you made it very clear that you no longer wanted to be with me and that hurt," he murmured as he looked down at the table, his wrists were red and raw from his struggles to free himself from the binds. "I asked him to help me in creating a potion that would make you want to be with me and not your mate."

"Yet it seems he didn't disclose that the potion won't work once I found my mate." I said and he sniffled and he nodded. "You went to such extremes for nothing, Rory."

"I know." He murmured but didn't look up at me and k sighed rubbing my face.

"You'll remain here until I find a pack that would be willing to take you in."

I don't wait for him to say anything as I stood up from my chair and walked out do the room Rory was in. I looked at Morgan and Santos and nodded, "keep watch on him and report back to me if you notice anything strange."

"Yes, Alpha." They replied with a bow.

As soon as I stepped into the afternoon air, I shifted —after I took it sorts off and tied them around my ankle-into my wolf form and howled into the sky before running back to the pack house.

****

The closer we got to house, Preston's scent got stronger and Zeus yipped like a pup making me roll my eyes.

>Don't act as if you're not as excited to be close to our mate< Zeus said and I couldn't deny him. I was excited to be near him. I yearned to talk with him since our chance had been cut short due to Rory's misadventures. >are you really going to send him to another pack?<

>Yes, it will be for the best< he nodded and slowed our run to a jog when the pack house came into view.

"-see you tomorrow," I heard my mate's voice and furrowed my brows. I shifted to my human form and put in the shorts I had wrapped around my ankle and rounded the corner in time to see the twins saying their see you laters to Preston, his sister and their cousins—who had arrived earlier.

"See you tomorrow," Luna smiled and waved as Preston and his sister climbed into his car while his cousins got into their own car that had been parked beside Preston's car. As if sensing my gaze, Preston looked in my direction and smiled before waving. I sighed and gave him a small smile and wave as I watched him reserved out of my driveway with the other car trailing him.

"Took you long enough," Benson said and I raised a brow at his tone and he rolled his eyes, "you may be the alpha, Rye, but you're still our big brother and we're allowed to tease you."

I rolled my eyes and grabbed him wrapping my arm aleja his throat in a headlock and he growled as he struggled to get free before the idiot but me. I hissed and let him go before narrowing my eyes and he grinned.

"Ten laps around the territory just for being annoying," I said and his smile dropped as his mouth hung open and eyes wide.

"Bu-but," he stuttered and I smiled ruffling his hair.

"It's training time you idiot." Luna stated as she rolled her eyes at her twin, Benson made an 'O' with his mouth before turning and heading inside.

Luna shook her head and follows after him muttering something along lines of I have an idiot for a brother, why moon goodness? I chuckled and went to head inside but turned to look in the direction Preston had gone in. I shook my head and filled after the twins.

>We'll have another chance to see him< Zeus said and I nodded >But for now we need to find the warlock that worked with Rory and a pack that'd be willing to take him in<

The only warlocks that I knew around here belonged to the KingSavage Pack but from what I knew, they didn't involve themselves with outsiders nor are they to meddle with wolves that have mates. So who the fuck was Rory seeing out in the woods every night for the past 2 years?