7. Preston

Papa and I ran into the woods as promised. We raced each other and howled at the sky before continuing our chase of a small rabbit that had come up from under the earth for air before it scurried away back into its burrow to get away.

>Dinner's ready< mama said to through the family mind link and I raised my head to look at Papa who stood up and stretched. I followed suit a moment later before we looked at each other and running in the direction of the house.

>Cheater!< I shouted at Papa who only barked a laugh as he ran ahead of me. I rolled my eyes and ran after him. As we crossed onto our territory, I tackled Papa to the ground before jumping over him and he growled playfully behind me as I shifted to my human form and pulled on a pair of shorts Mama most likely left outside for us while we ran. I stuck my tongue out at Papa before grinning as he narrowed his eyes.

"You little cheater," he huffed as he pulled on a pair of shorts as well inc she shifted and I grinned.

"Nah, you're just getting old Papa," I stated before stepping into the house and sniffing the air making my mouth water and belly growl with hunger.

"Shower and cow down for dinner," Mama said as he stepped into the hall.

"Okay," I nodded before rushing up to my room, and just as I walked in, I heard Mama telling Papa that he smelled bad. I bit my lip to keep from laughing at Papa's whine.

>Are we going to ignore the scent of Rogue that we scented earlier?< Gunnar asked and I sighed as I stepped into the shower.

>Papa would have made a big deal of it if he thought it was a problem< I stated as I lathered my hair and he huffed >besides I have a feeling that Ryker has already taken care of it<

>And if not?< Gunnar asked

>Then we would hear of it< I stated and he growled >He's strong, Gunnar, he's more than capable of defeating one rogue if they invaded his pack<

>Why are you not worried if he's hurt?<

>I just told you why< I replied with an eye roll as I rinsed the shampoo and soap suds off before shutting the water off >Do you not have faith in our mate?<

He paced in my head as I grabbed the towel from the hook and dried myself off before stepping into my room to change into clean clothes. >I do< he finally replied and I nodded, >but<

>No buts, Gunnar< I said cutting him off, >If the rogue we scented on our run is dangerous, then we must have faith in our mate that he has dealt with it<

He sighed and nodded before laying down and resting his head on his front paws.

>You must remember, Gunnar, he's an alpha< I added as I stepped out of my room and made my way downstairs and into the kitchen where my parents and siblings were already seated.

He nodded again before closing the link between us and I smiled as I joined my family at the dinner table.

****

Dinner ended an hour ago and we had all migrated to the living room to have a movie night. It's been a tradition in our family since my siblings were younger. And despite my older siblings having families there, they always come by during the weekend for family movie nights.

"Uncle PJ?" I looked down at my nephew who had pulled on my sleeve to get my attention and smiled. He was the oldest of Jericho's four kids and was his replica. He was 5 years old with dark brown hair and light blue eyes. He was tall for his age too as he reached just below my chin.

"Yeah, Kai?" I asked the five-year-old softly to not disturb the others as they the movie playing on the screen.

"Can I sleep with you tonight?" He whispered and I smiled before nodding and he beamed before snuggling up beside me. I smiled and pulled him closer before pressing a kiss to his temple as he turned to the screen.

> You'll be a good mama one day, PJ< Jericho said through the kind link and I tensed as it never crossed my mind. Heck, I never thought I'd find my mate but I suppose the moon goddess has her plans.

>I sure hope so< I replied and he chuckled shaking his head and I smiled as the thought of bearing my mate's pups filled my mind. But that smile soon fell as a thought came to mind, what if Ryker doesn't want kids? Would he break off our mate bond because of it?

> Overthinking is going to make your head hurt< Gunnar said cut it my overthinking mind > We will cross that bridge when it's time. Don't stress yourself over anything, PJ<

I swallowed the lump in my throat before nodding. He was right, there was no reason to stress over something that won't happen for a while. Ryker and I haven't even talked for more than a few words much less gone on a date.

Shaking my head, I carried little Kai up to my rom once the movie ended after bidding my parents and siblings a goodnight. I laid Kai on the bed and pulled the covers over him before walking over to my bathroom to brush my teeth. Once all my night routine was completed, I rejoined my nephew in bed and pulled the covers over myself before closing my eyes and letting sleep take over.

A finger poking my cheek woke me up a few hours later followed by a giggle as I whined and swatted said finger away, "go away."

"Wakey, wakey, uncle PJ," a voice sing-sang as they continued to poke my cheek, "wake up."

"Kai," Jericho's voice rang, "let your uncle sleep, come."

"But daddy," Kai whined, "it's already daytime, uncle PJ gots to wake up."

"Let your uncle sleep," Jericho repeated.m but I was already awake.

"It's fine,"I said but refused to open my eyes.

"Get some more sleep PJ, it's still early," he said as I opened an eye to see it was still dark and furrowed my brows.

"What time is it?" I asked as Jericho picked his son up.

"Barely 7," he replied and I gawked up at him making him chuckle, "Kai usually wakes up at this time everyday."

"Oh god," I groaned as my nephew giggled, "it's too early."

"That's why I said to get some more sleep," Jericho stated and I nodded yawning before flipping into my stomach and letting my eyes close once more as sleep pulled me under, the last I heard was Kai whining about me sleeping and Jericho reminding him that not everyone wakes up this early.