'ℐ𝒹𝒾𝓸𝓉'

(NOT EDITED)

A loud SMACK could be heard behind the dark oak wood door, the sound of sobs not far behind.

Inside the room laid a child curled up in a ball, trying to push herself away from the monstrosity she was forced to call mother. Emiko hated her just as much a she hated Emiko. But what concurred her hatred was the never-ending fear she always felt at the mere mention of her name.

"Why is it so hard for you to listen?" Her Mother scowls, tears filling her almond colored eyes in frustration. "Today was supposed to be amazing! I could have been a billionaire already! I trained you better than this!" She yells at the girl who's hands found their way to her brown hair. Train.. At this moment, she finally came to the realization that she was never her daughter. All she ever was to the woman was a doll, a puppet. Something that would do whatever she was told.

This all started because at the arranged engagement party that she was trained for, Emiko embarrassed the suitor who in return berated her Mother about how she should have raised a more proper woman. Emiko wasn't even a woman. She wasn't even ten yet for gods sake! The suitor was in his twenties and no one thought for one second about how messed up this arrangement was. The whole ordeal made her Mothers reputation crumble within seconds. Nothing could save it, not even the one thing that had gotten her in this extravagant place to begin with, her body.

Her tight grip on her brown hair did nothing to help the anger and fear she had felt in that very moment. Her ears rang while her eyes unfocused. Nothing could get through to her as her eyes were left wide in a thousand-yard stare, her mouth clenched into a fine line. The only movement she made was the way her body curled in itself more each second.

"You've disappointed your Father." Her mother says, her tone dripping with venom, before walking towards the dark oak door and leaving the room.

^-^

As the years flew by, Emiko aged into a beautiful young woman. She was a first year in high school and a fifteen year old. It had been seven years since she last did anything to make her mother proud. After the fight six years ago, Emiko did any and everything to anger her mother, even going as far as to dye her hair green. Other than her hair, she was almost exactly the same just more mature. Except, unlike her wide almond doe eyes that seemed to hold innocence behind them when she was younger, she was left with dull ones, her eyes more narrowed in a glare, her lips stuck in a deep frown.

Who could blame her? She was living a nightmare and she was a hormonal, rebellious teenager that could barely control her feelings without lashing out at every little thing. The only person that could keep her from going crazy was her friends. Tohru, Arisa, and Hanajima. They had been her friends since middle school and she had never felt happier than when she was with them. Speaking of being with them, she was on the search for Tohru, who had began living in the woods after her mother had died a few months ago. Emiko offered to have her stay in her summer house, but Tohru refused and begged her not to say anything to her other two friends, worried she would be a bother. Emiko only agreed after Tohru agreed to let Emiko walk her to school and back.

"Tohru." A deep feminine voice calls out.

"Tohru? Where are you." Emiko calls out once again. She had spent the last ten minutes looking for her friends tent already and failed to find the girl.

She carefully stepped over a few rocks and through trees, not only finding a house but also the brunette she had been looking for. Noticing a man that looked to be in his twenties, lean closer to Tohru, practically in her face made a switch flip in Emiko.