'𝒴𝓊𝓀𝒾?'

(SHORT CHAPTER)

After finding an ice pack, Emiko sat with Tohru. Tohru had a fever from over exerting herself with work and school. Emikos once soft gaze hardened when she heard the rustling of clothes as someone moved to sit by the two. When she glanced beside her, she found Shigure holding a fan in one hand, fanning himself.

Though she was hesitant about leaving Tohru in the hands of two men who weren't that close to the two, she had to get home before her mother notices her absence. It was rare when she did but the last time she did ended with Emiko being put in a jail cell for a few nights before her mother said she'd come get her. It took her three days. Looking at her wrist watch, she saw the minute hand hit 9:30 giving her only thirty minutes to get home.

Looking down at her huffing friend, Emiko gripped the girls hand tightly. "Tohru." The said girl looked up at her friend with a smile, making it harder for her to leave. "I have to get home before mother notices I'm gone. Will you be okay without me?" Do you trust these men to watch over you without me being present? The question was unsaid but Tohru knew what she was asking and nodded. "I'll be okay, Emi. I'll be better by tomorrow morning, don't worry about me!" Tohru says with her soft voice as Emiko sighed and nodded, standing up to leave. "I'll be back by then. Goodbye Tohru." She whispers, bowing to Shigure and then walking out.

The prickling frosty air hit her pale skin, making it flare up in a reddish hue. Lucky for her, she had her driver Eddie to come pick her up so she wouldn't be late, unlucky for her though is that he'd have to sneak out.

"Miss Oita?"

Turning, she saw Yuki staring at her with his dull eyes that were filled with a look of confusion. "Are you leaving already?" He asked, when she nodded, he turned and set down the basket he was holding, filled with plants, onto the porch. "Let me walk you." He walked toward her but she lifted her hands as a way to say no. "My driver should be here soon so I don't want to bother you with walking me." Yuki felt his lip twitch upward. "The road is almost less than half a mile from here and there are some perverted creeps around here. Besides, talking to you isn't a bother, how bad could walking with you be?" He asked jokingly, but this only made her frown. Upon seeing this, his face changed to one of concern as he lifted his hand to rub the back of his neck. "I'm sorry. I'm not very good at making jokes." His voice trailed off as he caught her smile a bit. "No! You are, its just--" She let out an embarrassed laugh and looked down at her feet. "I'm not good at talking. Well, I am--" Her ranting was cut off by his laughter, before he began walking off. She stood still for a moment, watching as he stepped down each step, gracefully. 

He glanced back, a smile evident on his face-- but this was different. It must've been the way his eyes crinkled, or maybe it was the way his nose scrunched up-- nonetheless, she could tell this smile was genuine. Warmth filled her cheeks, causing her to lift one of her cold hands to cool them down. "You said you didn't want to be late, didn't you?" Wordlessly, she sped walked over to him, noticing the way he too sped up to match her pace.

It was strange, just like the feeling that began to cause her heart to beat faster. Was she nervous? She couldn't tell. 

"You're driver. Uh-- why doesn't he drive you to school?" Yuki began, his eyes never leaving her face, causing the redness to spread. She let out a puff of air with a sigh, her shoulders shrugging in a small motion. "I guess, I just didn't want to burden him, but I also don't want him to get in trouble for me being late." Yuki furrowed his brows but nodded. The two continued, neither speaking. Emiko was moved closer to the boy when a gust pf wind blew threw her hair. Why couldn't Japan be warmer, she thought. 

He jumped, almost like he wanted to get far away from her as possible, but unbeknownst to her, he wanted to get closer. "You're not like what people say." He mumbled, causing her to scoff as the two stopped at the road. "What? Selfish and snobbish?" Hesitantly, he nodded, realizing he caused her anger to spike suddenly. "Well, you're wrong. I am selfish. But so are you, so is every single human on earth." Her lips settled in a deep frown, showing her agitation on the rumors. "Your little fans are probably one of the worst ones." Yuki's eyes widened slightly. "I've never once spoken to any of them until they decided that I was to much of a threat to them." She stopped, taking in a deep breath as she remembered the reason why. He swallowed, fearing he had ruined their once peaceful walk. "I didn't mean to make you mad. I'm sorry." He looked away from her, almost ashamed.