September 1st, 1994

𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒯𝑒𝓃

Thunder rumbled over the grounds as the train screeched to a halt.

A small argument broke out in the compartment as the group debated between waiting for the crowds to die down or leaving as soon as possible to try and take one of the first carriages.

Ultimately the latter was agreed upon, the majority of the group not feeling up to the shuffling and pushing of the mass of students trying to move along.

When they had finally ventured out of the compartment, Iris hung to the back of the group, Theodore falling in line with her without a word. The boy's face soured as he listened to the howl of the wind and the way the rain pelted against the metal of the train.

And really, not even Iris could smile as the group hopped off the train, the wind practically shooting the water into her face. Wind and rain made for a very unpleasant pair in just about every way. The air was significantly colder than it had any right to be, and it hurt to feel the water pelting against your skin.

So, pulling their robes close, everyone made a dash off the station, making quick to the carriages waiting for them. Sally-Ann and Jane, who had been leading the group, ran past a few that were already filling, pushing aside a few students as they hopped in one to claim for the rest of their approaching group.

One by one, they piled in. Pushing and climbing over each other to shove into seats, the carriages not quite made for six teenagers to sit without a bit of cramping. But they managed, and the door did fly shut, and the carriage did begin its journey. A very uncomfortable journey....

Theodore ended up shoved against the furthest wall, his leg pushed up against Tracey's despite his best efforts to get as far away as possible. He shivered just as everyone except Iris did... and well... his glare was hard as he stared at nothing in particular.

Iris sat on the opposite bench, sandwiched between Valeria and Sally-Ann. She had caught a look at Theodore's face, laughing as she reached to play with her wet hair, "Sometimes I feel as if we should be offended over how miserable Theo is anytime he is this close to any of us."

And suddenly his glare had found a target, his cold eyes meeting Iris' playful ones, "I am cold, wet, tired, and hungry. Kill me for wanting room to breathe."

Valeria leaned into Iris with a sigh, "Breathing is overrated when the living heater is next to you."

Tracey absently held her hands out, Iris catching her thoughts quickly as she reached forward to hold them between her own. Sally-Ann's head found a home on Iris' shoulder as she looked to Jane, "Come join the warmth."

Jane, who had huddled into her soaked robe, watched the girls with the faintest bit of envy. But made no move to join, stumped by the lack of room to do so... but Valeria quickly found a solution, "Just come sit on me."

Valeria was already drifting off into a quick nap. Tracey was focused on moving as far from Theodore as she could, wanting to relieve his evident discomfort at the close proximity. So when Jane had... hesitated... only two people had noticed it. Iris and Sally-Ann shared a look.

Sally-Ann broke the clear internal battle Jane faced: "Yeah, Tracey can come sit on me, and you can sit on Val, and then Nott can finally stop looking all constipated."

Tracey all but jumped up, practically sitting half on Iris and half on Sally as she clung to the warmth provided by the phenomenon of Iris' body working overtime to self-regulate its temperature. And... with an almost pink hue teasing at her ears... Jane would move over as well, joining the awkward huddle.