October 27th, 1994

𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝐹𝒾𝒻𝓉𝑒𝑒𝓃

The boy stumbled when the unexpected force jumped onto his back, but quick to react, he grabbed the girl under her knees, standing tall as they both adjusted. Seeing her head pop in at the side of his eye, he knocked his head with hers, grinning wide, "Someday I am letting you drop."

Wrapping her arms more firmly around him, she rested her chin on her own arm, tilting her head to rest against his, "As if," her hair picked up in a breeze, a few pieces getting into the boy's face. Brushing them back behind her, she watched as they neared the forest, "Where are we going?"

"Just wanted to spend some time walking around; only two more months and all."

Her grin grew, her excited little hum tickling against the both of them; she lifted her head off his, "Two more months and then a whole new life for us. Think we will end up in the same house?"

He thought it over for a moment, his almost silver-like eyes shooting up, watching the trees dance; ultimately, he shook his head, smile falling, "Nah," he didn't even see her lips turn into a pout when he bounced her, attempting to bring back a smile, "But it will be good for us to not be attached at the hip all the time."

He knocked their heads together again, just holding there as they... well, he continued their walk. Moments later, he rolled his shoulders, "Necklace is digging into my back."

Pulling it out from between them, the girl held a little dragon pendant between her fingers, holding it out enough that the boy caught quick sight of it. A fawn sort of look fell over him, but he mentioned nothing as she kept staring at it. "If separation is so good, why didn't you go off to school two years ago?"

He almost seemed offended at that, his voice exasperated, "Hogwarts without you? Neither of us would have survived all those months apart. And imagine how boring it would be." He squeezed her knees, "It's you and me forever. Even in different houses and with different friends, we will always have each other to turn back to. Always be just a quick walk away when needed."

She dropped the pendant, letting it hit his shoulder, tightening her hold, "Can you promise that?"

"One of them is a French school, right?"

"Looking for another French girl to kiss, Val?"

"Hey, speaking from experience, they do it best."

Iris pulled from her daze, blinking a few times as she looked away from the notice.

TRIWIZARD TOURNAMENT

The Delegations From Beauxbatons And Durmstrang Will Be Arriving At 6 O'Clock On Friday The 30th Of October. Lessons Will End An Hour Early. Students Will Return Their Bags And Books To Their Dormitories And Assemble In Front Of The Castle To Greet Our Guests Before The Welcoming Feast.

The girls started their way up the stairs in the Entrance Hall, Iris taking up the back of the group as she took a moment to erase away the memories that had resurfaced. Taking one last look at the notice...she just shook her head. Avoiding everything behind her as she continued ahead.

So she caught up with her friends, "Durmstrang is up in the north. Find a lot of the burly types over there. Just if you ever wanted to explore your type more, Valeria."

At the lead of the group with Tracey, Valeria looked back briefly with a pout, "At this point, I am open to anyone who isn't completely straight. Honestly, how am I ever supposed to find love in this world?"