Chapter 24

Omniscient POV:

Coyness tinted Sade's smile as she let Lauren lead her into the bathroom. Lauren looked back at her girlfriend with a similar expression. They walked in, hand-in-hand, closing and locking the door behind them. Lauren seemed to be holding the dominating confidence this time around which left Sade feeling shy under her significant other.

Lauren had walked in first, standing by the shower, as Sade stood closer to the door. Turning around, she saw Sade letting her eyes wander everywhere but her. Drawing her lips into a tempting smirk, Lauren stepped closer to her girlfriend. With every step Lauren took forward, Sade nervously took one backward.

"Why're you running from me Emerald?" Lauren tilted her head with a smirk. It amused her to tease Sade knowingly this way.

"I'm not," she said before thudding her back against the bathroom door, evoking a shaky breath from her lips.

"You are."

"I'm just-"

Lauren's footsteps came to a halt once her body intensely pressed against her girlfriend's. Inhaling sharply, Sade looked down at their bodies, fitting together like a puzzle. With a single finger, Lauren lifted her chin,

"So why is it that you won't look at me?

"I-"

"And every step I take closer to you, you take one back?" Lauren asked, leaning in so close that their lips just barely grazed each other. "Hm?"

"Because you- you're-"

"Would you prefer I shower alone?"

"No," Sade answered quickly, making Lauren launch an amused brow.

Drawing her body away from Sade a bit, "Oh? So why're we still standing here fully clothed?" she rhetorically asked.

"I don't-"

"Take your clothes off Sade."

"Okay." Without another word, Sade obliged to Lauren's subtle instruction.

She had no idea Lauren could tap into such a dominant side of herself, but didn't mind it one bit. Lauren turned around to go start the shower as Sade began stripping herself of each clothing item. First to hit the floor was the baggy black cargo pants, followed by the fitted long sleeve top. Standing in only her underwear and bra, she glanced up for a second to find Lauren turned back around, eyeing every inch of her. Shifting under her girlfriend's gaze, Sade chuckled timidly under her breath,

"Stop it Honeybee-"

"No you stop it."

"I haven't done anything-"

"That's the problem."

Shaking her head with a giggle, Sade rolled her eyes sheepishly. "I can't with you."

For a moment Lauren didn't say anything. In awe, she just let her eyes trail Sade's body all the way from a single hair strand to her gelled white toenails. Words couldn't describe the feelings that coursed through her at this moment. Sade had no idea just how in love her girlfriend was with her. Likewise, neither did Lauren.

"Come here, let me take those off." Sade bit her lip, beaconing Lauren with a lone finger. Mirroring her expression, Lauren eased closer to her girlfriend.

"You're beautiful Emerald, you know that?" Lauren said with a daring grin, lifting her arms so that Sade could pull her sweatshirt over her head.

Puling her close by the string of her sweatpants, a bashful smile crept onto Sade's face as she stared into her girlfriend's eyes. "No, but thank you for reminding me." Her thumbs traced the inside of the waistband just before tugging to pull them down Lauren's legs. Once she stood to meet her lover's gaze again, she was met with a frown.