🎀 Chapter - 08

~edited~

(Hello..) I excitedly started.

But there this is an unfamiliar voice.

(Hello Baby)

That unknown girl spoke from the either side, I widen my eyes in shock hearing what she referred me.

(Excuse me, Is it Y/n ?)

I ask her in the thought of Y/n playing prank on me.

(Hello baby come-on, Why are you acting like this ? You know me right then what ?)

I was done with her play. I know this isn't possibly Y/n, but somebody from her home.

(Can you give the phone to Y/n ?)

I ask her. She said 'No'

(No. I can't. I think this is wrong person. Are you aadesh ?)

She asks me. And I say..

(No. But who is this baby and who is this Aadesh ?)

I asked all of a sudden controlling my possesiveness, hearing this boy name.

(Aadesh is Y/n's boyfriend. Not only her, everyone calls him endearingly as baby. Why do you ask me this ? And who are you to my sister ? Huh)

She asked in a little irritated tone.
I was taken aback & heart-broken hearing that she has a boyfriend.
My heart started to beat at the sentence when she stated who're you to her.

Its true, What kind of relationship do we share ? I started to think deeply. Within no time, Y/n's sister freaked out at me.

(Come on boy ! Who are you to my sister ?)

She repeated the question again.

(Boyfriend)

Out of no control, I blurted out all of a sudden.

(Whaaaatttt ?)

She exploded on the phone. Making my ears deaf. God ! How did Y/n managed with this type of sister ?

(I mean um.. I am a boy and I am just a friend. Tha-Thats what I meant)

I tell trying to cover up the messed up situation. But my whole heart unanimously didn't agree to that
I am just a male friend to her.

The kind of relationship, I share with her is something that even
I don't know.

(Oh - fine)

She sighed in relief. I finally let out the question which I had for long time.

(I-Is Aadesh really her boyfriend ?)

I asked stuttering. She laughs making me suspect.

(Did you actually believe this ? hahaha..)

I smile a little knowing that something is gonna make me happy.

(No but yes)

I say to her.

(He is my brother & cousin to
Y/n. We both are cousins to Y/n. We lovingly call him as baby as he is just a 10 year old)

I feel ashamed of myself for being jealous over a 10 year old boy.

(She is single right ?)

I suddenly let out my questions. Even I don't have my self-control today to control myself.

(Yah ! Man. You're her friend then why do you ask like this ? You've to ask her. Fine she is sleeping. Tomorrow I'll inform that you called her.)

She states.

(Ah okay. Please inform and don't forget. Let her sleep)

Like after an era I am feeling relieved hearing the news she is single. I never wanted to dodge and interfere in anybody's private life.

But unexpected things are occuring at unexpected times. Here I am talking with her sister and asking her weird questions, that is making her suspect me.

--------------

-Y/N-

The next day, I woke up listening to Nitika's night stories that happen during the call.

"Really you Nitika, idiot,fool, stupid. You went beyond your limits. Infact he blindly trusted your jokes" I say beating her with a pillow.

"Y/n you know, he even enquired about your Personal status. Whether are you single or not, is aadesh your boyfriend.. etc." She said making me shock.

"Really, di-did he asked you ?" I say.

"I am not lying. He did asked me all of these" She told and I lay back in the headboard, breathless and speechless.

"OMG ! Look at a dead body over here. Dead with open eyes" Nitika jokes at the way how I've sat.

"Hmphh !" I push her back with the pillow. And went to refresh myself.
My heart didn't accept the fact he asked these.

"Why do he want to know whether am I single or not ?" I rethink this question multiple times.