track 4

Cinema - Harry Styles

«I don't think the next song needs many explanations. I know very well that you perfectly remember how our first movie date together went. We should do it again sometime...»

"What happened at the cinema?" Olivia asked, intending to embarrass her mother, who, as expected, blushed.

"We watched a really nice movie; there's no need to dwell too much on this track"...

... Camila loved spending time alone with Shawn, but she admitted she was starting to get tired of having to keep hiding. He had never complained, and after their date at the diner, they had continued to see each other secretly. But now it was time to come out in the open.

She had no intention of shouting it out or making a grand announcement just to seek approval from her friends. Camila had decided she would start behaving as if she and Shawn were the only people in the world. So that afternoon, hand in hand, she dragged her boyfriend to the cinema. She didn't care which movie they would watch; she just wanted to spend time with him like a normal teenage couple.

They settled in the most secluded corner of the half-empty theater, known to everyone as the area reserved for lovebirds who weren't particularly interested in the movie's plot. They didn't even bother buying popcorn; they knew their mouths would be occupied in a different way.

Even before the theater lights dimmed, Shawn had already wrapped his muscular arm around her shoulders. Few things could make her heart beat faster than her boyfriend's scent. Fresh, clean, boyish. She could sense his smirk spreading across his face; Shawn knew very well the effect he had on her. Sometimes Camila wondered how he could be so incredibly annoying and attractive at the same time; even his smug little smile managed to enchant her.

On her part, Camila also knew his weak points. A simple lingering kiss just below his ear, where the neck meets the chin, was enough to make him shiver. She had witnessed that phenomenon—the moment pleasure turns into goosebumps—at least a hundred times before, but she could never get enough of it. She felt satisfied with the power she had over him; there was something empowering about knowing that her simple kiss had that effect on him.

When she locked eyes with Shawn, her breath caught in her throat. She had seen him in other situations before. His pupils were so dilated that his eyes could have absorbed her like a black hole. He stared at her like a lion stares at a gazelle, an elusive prey to chase but one he would undoubtedly catch in the end.

She also noticed how his breathing became more rhythmic and deep, the grip on her shoulders tighter, how his tongue repeatedly passed over his now moist and glistening lips. Camila was his prey, and soon she would also become his feast.

The theater lights went out, further isolating them from the almost non-existent audience who was watching the show with them. She was trembling with desire; having him so close and not being able to pounce on him was torture. And then, she started feeling his touch. At first, it was delicate, the gentle brush of his fingers on her shoulder, the touch of his fingertips on the heated skin of her neck, almost imperceptible but impossible to ignore. From time to time, he would twirl one of her long locks around his finger, absentmindedly playing with it while keeping his gaze fixed on the screen.

And then, suddenly, he removed his arm from around her. Camila would have protested if he hadn't immediately placed the palm of his hand on her thigh. She simply squirmed, trying to hide her uncontrollable reactions as much as possible. Even though he was acting indifferent, she knew he was actually analyzing every move she made. It was obvious that he was trying to elicit a reaction from her, and soon he was satisfied. Camila's breath caught when she felt his hand move, slowly inching toward the hem of her skirt. It was a subtle touch, a flutter of his fingers, but it ignited her like a fuse. She couldn't focus on anything else.

She began biting her lips, so as not to make a sound. She didn't want to give him satisfaction, but above all, she didn't want to be discovered by some stranger nearby. She noticed that Shawn was starting to get impatient too. His leg was twitching absentmindedly, and his eyes were increasingly fixated on her. He fidgeted in his seat more and more often, occasionally clearing his throat as if it tickled him.

When his fingers reached her inner thigh, Camila tensed up. Were they really playing that game? "Shawn-"

"Shh"

"What are you doing?"

"Just enjoy it, baby". He got comfortable on the armchair, leaning on her as his hand slid further under her skirt, until it reached her panties. His kiss muffled the first moan elicited by his fingers that slowly drew circles over the fabric. Camila was embarrassed knowing he could feel her already dripping. He had to be the first teenager ever who was able to get such a strong reaction out of a girl in just a few moves. 

He kept his touch gentle but steady, his movements never slowing and the pression never fading. That sublime frustration was bordering on torment, but at the same time she was scared to go over the edge. Would she be able to stay silent, to muffle her moans? 

In the meanwhile her every word was stolen by his kisses, so insistent and voracious. She could only imagine what he was thinking right in that moment. She would have liked to get inside his head, to feel his thoughts, to capture his need. She knew that he, too, was struggling to restrain his own reactions. She could tell from the rigidity of his shoulders, the tension in his muscles, and his increasingly persistent mouth.

Camila could feel her heart pounding wildly and a moan quivering in her throat. Her legs started to tremble and, when at the end she went over the edge, she was grateful that her boyfriend's mouth was still on hers, ready to absorb her sounds. It took her a few seconds to calm down enough to open her eyes again, and when she finally did, he was hungrily staring at her with desire.

She could feel her cheeks blushing and her breath slightly uneven, yet she wasn't the most overwhelmed one. Shawn was looking at her like he had never done before, as if every fiber of his being was filled with desire. In the darkness of the theater, with the film casting random shadows on their heated bodies, Camila noticed the shiver that had run through her boyfriend.

Without saying a word, he took her hand and guided her out of the theater. With their cheeks flushed, betraying their excitement, they slipped out of the cinema. The movie was nowhere near finished, but Shawn had other plans for the two of them, and Camila certainly wouldn't have stopped him.