City of Sin

A man shoved his way through a crowd as he ran with urgency. As he pushed through an all too familiar sound rang out. The sound caused the man to freeze and the crowd to part. As the crowd looked for where the sound came from the man gathered his wits and continued to run away. The crowd heard a sigh and looked ahead to see a man.

He had messy black hair, and blood red eyes. He wore ripped black jeans, sneakers, a white tank top, and a leather jacket with the logo for the band Samurai on the back. In his hands was a pistol which is undoubtedly what caused the gunshot a moment ago.

"Sorry about that, but I've gotta chase after him." The man said as the crowd could tell the apology was false the moment they heard it. They didn't say anything about it though because in this city you damn near never get an apology.

This man was Connor Drakos a young man who grew up in the streets of Night City. He was currently chasing down a man who killed a couple of Tyger Claw's. Normally the Tyger Claw's would take care of this guy themselves, but every Tyger Claw sent after him ended up dead so their boss Wakako outsourced the job.

Connor followed the fleeing man who turned down an alley trying to escape. The moment Connor turned the corner to follow a blade was swung for his head. The man had mantis blades in his arms allowing 2 massive blades to unfold from inside his arms. Connor ducked the blade, and uppercut the man knocking him down. Before the man could gather himself Connor shot him in the head killing him instantly. Connor called Wakako to let her know the job was finished. She answered and Connor could see she was at her pachinko parlor from the image of her that appeared in the corner of his eye when she answered.

"Wakako just finished up the job. You don't gotta worry about this guy killing any more of your men." Connor said as Wakako sighed in slight relief.

"Thank you Connor. Your payment will be waiting here for you to collect when you can. Though right now I assume you'll have other places you'd rather be." The older woman said as Connor simply nodded in agreement. He started walking back towards the main road and decided to take a peak at his bank account. He wasn't low on eddies thankfully, but the payment from Wakako would definitely help out. Connor had lived as a Merc long enough that he should have had a decent amount of money saved up. However between upkeep for his weapons, his apartment, bills, food, clothes, ammo, etc. it always seemed like he had to spend his money as soon as he got it.

"Hey Connor! Out doing solo jobs again?" A woman's voice called out to him. He looked around before spotting a familiar head of brown and red hair. The woman was just a few inches shorter than Connor, and wore a black crop top, black leggings, and white sneakers. This was Raychel Achira she was the one Connor turned to if he needed a getaway driver.

"Whaddya want Raych?" Connor asked as she just smiled at the young man. They were only 19 but they'd known each other for what seemed like their whole lives. Night City may test loyalties like no other place in the world, but the relationships that survive the city will never break no matter what.

"Just saw ya and figured I'd see if you needed a ride." Raychel said as Connor cracked a small smile. She was one of only a handful that got to see that side of Connor. Most got the businessman persona who was straight to the point and completed his job no matter what, but his crew saw the real him. The side that was just wanted to relax and hangout with his friends.

"Sure." Connor said as he got in the passenger seat of Raychel's car. The car was decently sized and wasn't exactly the best looking, but it didn't look too bad. It could fit 4-5 people comfortably, and that was perfect for their needs. There was also a bulldog bobblehead on the dashboard.

"I see you still got Hector in here." Connor said flicking the bobblehead.

"He's been in every car I've ever owned." Raychel said as Connor leaned back with a smile on his face.