Professionals

The crew had spent most of the night planning everything out. From their weapons, their route into the compound and out, the vehicle they'd use to escape, etc. Nothing was overlooked, but something still didn't feel right to them.

"Do you think Arasaka would screw us over on this job?" Zach asked the crew thinking that maybe that's what had them on edge.

"I don't think so. I think Arasaka really doesn't believe we'll survive this job, but if we do what they want is still accomplished they'd just actually have to pay us. But if we died on the job, and they actually wanted the Cyberskeleton research and everything destroyed they'd just send in Adam Smasher." Takehito said as he took a sip of whiskey. They'd slowly been draining the bottle they'd bought, but since they had to plan a job they weren't going to get blackout drunk.

"We'll just have to proceed with the info we have, and if something does happen mid job then we improvise." Connor said as he stood up. It was late and they'd been at this for longer than they needed to be.

"Alright everyone try and get some rest cause we're pulling this job as soon as possible. Night chooms." Connor said as he left the room and the Afterlife. He didn't live too far away, so he walked back to his apartment complex. It was a huge building filled with shops, and food stands with some floors towards the top that were the apartments. As he walked he ran into the normal Night City sights. A joy toy leaving an apartment, druggies passed out in the hallways, and gangsters just standing around with guns.

"Mhmm. Why don't we go back to your place? I'll make you feel better than you've ever been." A joy toy said as he walked by.

"Buzz off and find someone else." Connor said. Now he wasn't trying to be harsh or anything, but his mind wasn't on what was around him. Unfortunately he had a habit of not watching his tone if he wasn't paying attention, and that led to him coming off harsher than he meant quite a lot. The joy toy backed off and he could tell by the look on her face that he'd accidentally said it harsher than he meant to. Connor sighed and walked into his apartment without apologizing or saying anything else. It wasn't like there was really anything to apologize for, but it did remind him to watch his tone when he speaks. He hated having his words misunderstood and that is what happens when you say something with the wrong tone.

Connor entered his room which was pretty minimal. He had a wrap-around couch facing a wall with a flat screen TV. A bed a couple feet away, a bathroom just big enough for everything he needed, and a room that held his weapons. It was pretty vacant, but he had the essentials and that was enough. He laid down on his bed, and passed out waking up to a beam of light hitting him in the eyes. Connor's bed was close to a window, so when the sun rose he was always basically blinded. He quickly got dressed in tennis shoes, jeans, a red shirt, and a black leather jacket. He grabbed one of his pistols and put it in the holster on his belt.

In Night City if you weren't carrying a gun you were either a moron, or so powerful or prideful you thought nothing could kill you. Connor was certain he was strong, but he'd prefer having a gun on him as the equalizer in case he got into a fight. He almost always had 3 weapons on him on top of his gorilla arms. A Malorian pistol, a submachine gun, and a combat knife were his main weapons. Growing up in Night City you saw people with all kinds of weapons, and everyone had their favorites. Connor preferred his Malorian, Zach liked an automatic rifle, Raychel liked using shotguns if she needed to use weapons, and Takehito was a blade wielder when he had to get physical.

The more he thought about his crew the more Connor couldn't believe they'd come together the way they did. Connor, Raychel, and Zach all grew up around each other so they were aware of each other for years. Takehito on the other hand was a new acquaintance. He'd used the fixer Wakako for a job, and Wakako reached out to Connor for the job instead of using her Tyger Claws. Funny enough the job Takehito inadvertently hired Connor for was a hit on someone from Arasaka. Takehito had actually been the one who killed the man though Connor had just caught him for Takehito. Takehito had actually just triggered a system collapse within the man which was a pretty painless way to zero someone, so ever since then Connor's taken to calling Takehito "Mercy".