02| I FALL APART

INTERVIEWER: Did they ever visit your house? Meet your parents?

TATUM: The first time they visited the ranch. Well, they didn't actually meet them... And it was also a few days after that gig. My father was untrusting to me. It was around that time when Camila started coming to band practices. I guess she was the first person I told all about my family...

CAMILA: I was so relieved and excited to see Tate for the first time. She was so nice to me and vibrant and kind.

TATUM: If it weren't for Camila, I might've ended up on a different road. She was what was keeping me there.

EDDIE: I remember asking her where she lived so one of us could drive her home. She definitely hesitated. We thought living on the ranch was so cool.

WARREN: Oh, we so wanted to visit the ranch. We were also scared of her parents.

TATUM: I mean, I couldn't just come home with these boys and say that we're going to the lake or something. My father would kill me, especially if he knew they were in a band.

WARREN: But then... an opportunity presented itself. [grins mischievously]

TATUM: We had a six-hour window. My dad had a doctor's appointment and my mom was going to get groceries so they were going together. They were also getting dinner at a steakhouse. Beau was leaving with them to sleep over at his friend's house.

GRAHAM: I remember it like yesterday. Warren took his two little bongos he always had on the go. We couldn't take our guitars because Tatum didn't have amps but we knew she had an acoustic.

EDDIE: I convinced my brother to drop us off. Although we gave pretty bad directions to him, we still managed to arrive in one piece.

TATUM: They almost crashed into our fucking barn.

BILLY: Camila and I were having dinner with her parents. I never visited her home.

INTERVIEWER: Do you wish you had?

BILLY: Maybe. It tells a lot about a person.

Pete swiftly expelled the guys from his car, accelerating away from the scene. The three delighted friends, beaming like mischievous accomplices, enthusiastically enveloped Tatum in a heartfelt hug upon their reunion. After depositing their bags on the porch, she guided them to explore the property.

Upon discovering the presence of a nearby small lake, their collective enthusiasm reached new heights. An animated discussion ensued, consuming nearly half an hour as they persuaded Tatum to join them for an excursion to the charming water.

TATUM: Of course, they convinced me to go to the lake.

Warren sneaked into the kitchen cabinets for a bottle of Jack. They took two bicycles to the lake. On one Graham and Eddie, Warren and Tatum on the other. The whole way there, there were so many accidents. Finally arriving, a swing was waiting for them, as well as a small rock to jump off.