05| GOING TO CALIFORNIA

THE WEATHER DEFINITELY WASN'T IN THEIR FAVOUR. It almost seemed as though the universe was compelling them to reconsider staying home. Despite the unfavorable signs, Tatum was resolute in her decision not to return home, especially after the events of the previous day.

Keeping her plans confidential until the last moment, Tatum had contemplated whether Camila would join them. Just before departing for the final time, she decided to leave her car with Camila's family.

Tatum found herself in a state of profound concern and anxiety, unable to recall a moment in her life when the unfolding events weighed more heavily on her mind. Departing from her familial ties, the familiar embrace of the ranch, and every facet of her existence, she stood on the precipice of a significant shift.

As she approached the glittering but uncertain world of Hollywood, filled with both allure and risk, Tatum couldn't shake her doubts about whether this upcoming journey would truly propel the band to the breakthrough they hoped for.

Tatum, opening an umbrella and adjusting her hair, felt a comforting presence as a hand enveloped her shoulder. "I'm coming, Tate," Camila declared with a cheerful grin. Tatum reciprocated with a tight hug, showering Camila with kisses on the cheek.

Expressing gratitude for not being left alone with the boys, Tatum received assurance from Camila. With Camila quickly loading her belongings into Tatum's car, they set off on their journey.

Tatum's mind was flooded with thoughts of life in California, uncertainties about their future, and practical considerations like transportation and sustenance. Camila shared similar apprehensions but marveled at the prospect of being on the road with her friend and heading towards love.

Tatum found solace in the companionship of Camila, grateful for the bond they shared as friends, perhaps even best friends. In the realm of female friendships, Camila stood as her only, weaving a strong connection between them. Camila, a constant source of positivity and encouragement, consistently uttered the right words, offering solace to others while seeking it herself.

From the initial stages of their friendship, Camila had been a beacon of support, showing unwavering presence in Tatum's life. Even before Tatum joined the band, Camila showed a lot of interest in her music. She'd capture Tatum playing and always cheer her on, building a supportive friendship from the start.

Upon arrival, Camila, armed with an umbrella, retrieved her belongings from the car. Tatum secured the vehicle, discreetly placing the keys on the tires for Camila's parents to discover. Soaked from a brief run in the rain, Camila pondered whether the chill she felt was due to damp clothes or the uncertainties ahead, such as concerns about Billy potentially finding a replacement.

"Got room for two more?" Camila greeted everyone with a smile.

"Finally! I was getting worried you changed your mind!" Warren exclaimed, visibly relieved to see their faces.

Eddie and Billy also expressed relief, the latter briefly hugging Tatum, acknowledging the shared soaked state. Camila and Tatum joined Eddie inside the vehicle, with the hope that the van would withstand the journey ahead.

TATUM: I was very worried, righteously so. The ride though, made all of my problems melt away when I realized who I was with. It may sound cheesy but when you're with people whom you share this sacred bond with, who share the same problems as you, it's different. From that ride forward I was convinced we would overcome any obstacle that stood in our way.

EDDIE: I was the happiest I've ever been that day, going to California.

WARREN: We smoked joints, played music, listened to music, and sang music. It was all about the music.