•○[Chapter one]○•

You woke up, hearing the birds chirping and the sun shining in your face.
Today was gonna be a great day, you thought. You were gonna travel to liyue to meet up with xingqiu. He was gonna help you finish your book that you were writing for one year now and finally finished.

Albedo already helped you draw some book covers, and you wanted to complete it before the next book competition.
You yawned and stood up from your comfortable bed.
Your favourite outfit was already ready for you to put on, and you have already packed your bag.

After getting ready, you made some pancakes and sat down at your dark brown wooden table. "The weather is great for travelling," you thought while eating the still warm pancakes.

After you were finished, you took your bag and left. You lived in a small house placed in mondstadt. On your way out of mondstadt, you saw Katheryne and greeted her. You have made a lot of commisions with the traveller for katheryne, and she really grew on you.

You went to liyue by foot so it took you a long time but the weather was nice and you wanted to collect some flowers on your way too.

You almost arrived at liyue but then it started raining. You have always loved the rain and are happy to have gained a hydro vision.

The cold drops of rain were dripping down your skin as you were running down the pathway to liyue running past some hilichurl camps.
When you finally arrived the rain had stopped but your hair was still pretty wet from the rain and your clothes were too.

You have been in liyue before because of the lantern rite festival which you enjoyed very much. The view of the beautiful lanterns in the sky made liyue even more beautiful than it was before.

"Finally, I arrived," you thought while entering the place you were staying at. It was a cute little room with a small little white bed, beautiful pictures on the wall, a small kitchen, and a bathroom.

When you looked out of the window, you had a perfectly beautiful view. You dried your hair and changed into some non wet clothes. After you unpacked, you went to meet up with xingqiu.

You have known him for a while now as you both were interested in books and writing, and you have grown very fond of him. You met up with him at liyue Harbour and he was already there when you arrived.

"Greetings, y/n," xingqiu said in a more tired way.

" Did you not sleep? It sounds like you haven't slept for ages, " you said while laughing.

"I've been working on the book competition. I had a lot of planning to do, so I didn't have much sleep these past few days, " xingqiu answered.

"You should really rest then. My book can still wait for a bit. I don't want to rush you or anything, " you said while still holding your unfinished book.

"It's fine, really. I also need to complete other stuff, so I can't rest now, but if you want to help me, then could you maybe get me some of my orders from the wanmin restaurant while I look over your book and review it?" Xingqiu said

"Of course," you said while handing xingqiu the book.

You both parted ways, and you went to go grab the orders that xingqiu placed for the book competition. " I'm worried about xingqiu he should not start overworking himself," you thought on your way to the wanmin restaurant.

You couldn't stop thinking about him and his beautiful dark blue silky hair that looked pretty in the sun and his fascinating yellow eyes, which you could look into for hours. They glowed in the light.
He has been in your head for a couple of months now, and you think you might have developed a crush on the blue haired boy.

You arrived at the wanmin restaurant and got what xingqiu had ordered. On your way out, you met chongyun, who was also getting some food from the wanmin restaurant.

"Oh hi chongyun, how have you been doing?" You asked the boy standing in front of you.

"I've been doing great, actually very good. I picked up my Popsicles that are specially made for me, " he said.

"That is nice. I am actually picking up something for xingqiu for the book competition. I don't know if you have already heard of it." You said.

" Xingqiu, you say? Don't tell him this, but I think I kinda like him. we've been friends for a long time now, and I think he will maybe like me too. " chongyun smiled." And I have actually heard about the book competition. xingqiu kept talking about this and how he was gonna meet with you because of your book and the competition."

"Oh yeah, that's right, and um, good luck with xingqiu, but I really have to leave now. " You said while walking off.

Your eyes were starting to tear up thinking about what chongyun said. Did xingqiu really like him back his best friend? Would xingqiu feel the same way about you?

Xingqiu has known chongyun for a longer time than he has known you, and they were doing a lot of stuff together. There was a high chance that xingqiu would prefer chongyun over you, but you still had hopes.

You were almost back at liyue Harbour and could already see xingqiu waiting for you, but he was sleeping very peacefully with your book still open on the last page.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Xingqiu Pov.

I was finally meeting up with y/n again after a longer time of not seeing them and of not seeing their beautiful smile and those beautiful eyes that I have gotten lost in for hours. I could look at their face all day long and never get bored of it more, so if I died while looking into their eyes, I would die happy.

I've been crushing on y/n for some months now, and I couldn't wait for them to arrive. While waiting for y/n, I've been planning the book completion. I've been planning for the past couple of days now and couldn't sleep because of all the work I had to do, but I didn't wanna postpone the meeting with y/n so I had to get through that.

I went outside to meet up with chongyun because he wanted to help me choose some decoration for the competition.

"Hello," I said, greeting chongyun," So are you ready to choose some decorations? " xingqiu asked while looking at the already blushing chongyun.

"Yes ofcourse and why did you try to look so good today?" Chongyun asked.

"First off, all you look really red. Do you have a fever? You usually aren't that red, and second off, all I am trying to impress someone today, so that is why I tried to look my best, " I said.

"Of course, I am trying to look my best for y/n. I want to ask them out on a date after the book competition has ended, " I thought while chuckling a bit

"Oh well, good to know, and should we begin planning the decorations ? " chongyun asked while looking at me patiently.

After we both had planned for a long time, I finally went to the place where I and y/n should be meeting up.

When they finally arrived, I just had to smile they looked so beautiful, and I was happy to finally meet them again, and after we both talked, they went to go get my order at the wanmin restaurant.

I went to go sit down at a small stone slab near a tree to go read y/n's book it was a book about a small boy who had tried to save his sister from the curse she has gotten from touching a cursed sword in the woods, it was a sad story that didn't have a happy end.

The book was big and dark blue. The heading and blurb were written in a beautiful gold tone that matched the blue. There weren't many pictures on the cover as they wanted to keep it simple. There was only a golden sword drawn by albedo.

I started to read the book, and it was very well written as I was reading on. I got tired throughout reading it, and the cool wind and the sound of the water made me even more sleepy.

After I finished reading the book, I eventually fell asleep.

End of xingqius pov
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Authors note : Thank you for reading, and thank you for all the support in the past!!