•○[Chapter two]○•

When you got back, xingqiu was sleeping. He looked so peaceful you thought so you didn't want to wake him up.

He hasn't been sleeping for the past couple of days, so you just wanted to let him sleep even tho the stone slab didn't look very comfortable to be sleeping on.

You sat down beside him and carefully took your book from his hands. You started to go through your book and found small notes written on the side in scenes that xingqiu liked or in scenes that he found sad or happy.

He marked a lot of things as it was your original version of the book. he hasn't started helping you finish your book by selling it yet.

You were giggling at the little notes xingqiu made when suddenly his head fell onto your shoulder. A red tint went over your face, and you just wanted to kiss him then and there, but you couldn't.

You carefully laid your book next to you as you didn't try to wake him up and closed your eyes shut just enjoying xingqius presence.
You soon fell asleep, too.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Xingqiu's Pov

I woke up not knowing how long I slept. I noticed that y/n's head was on mine and that they were sleeping.

I didn't notice  when they came back or when they sat down next to me, but they looked so cute while sleeping, and their little snores made my heart flutter.

They soon woke up too and smiled at me. I smiled back and stretched my arms a bit.

"Your book was really good, and I can't wait to get a copy of my own." I said

"Actually, I have a little surprise for you," y/n said while pulling out a box. " I made a unique copy of my book just for you." Y/n said while handing me the box.

I opened the box, and there was a book that looked just like the original.
But the cover was a portrait of me inside of the feather.

"This  is beautiful." I said  after giving y/n a quick hug. Thank you so much for this wonderful gift.

"I will have to go now. The book competition is tomorrow already
And I still need to plan some stuff, but you should start building up your stand "
I said while standing up. " I will see you soon,"

End of Xingqiu's pov

------------------------------------------------------------------------

You gave xingqiu the box that contained the special book with the cover you requested for albedo to do. Xingqiu reacted positively and had to leave after.

You took Xingqiu's advice and started walking home to get your materials for the stand.

The stand was big  and had your books name written on it. You will receive the copies of your books tomorrow from xingqiu.

You went home for the day as it has already gotten pretty late.
When you got home, you dressed into your pyjamas and brushed your teeth. After that, you went into your bed and closed your eyes.

It was raining, and you could hear each drop of rain hut the window near your bed after awhile you fell asleep from the sound.

The next morning, you woke up from the sun shining right into your face. The birds were already chirping, and it had stopped raining.

You yawned and slowly stood up after.
Furthermore you ate breakfast , brushed your hair and teeth and put changed into some diffrent clothes after.

You hear knocking at the door, and there were a lot of boxes filled with your book. On the Box was a little sticky note that said.

------------------------------------------------------------------
|I hope you didn't have to wait too long. <3.|
|  - Xingqiu                                                           |
------------------------------------------------------------------

You smiled at the note and took the boxes to your stand. You wanted to finish your stand as early as possible.

You put the books on the table stand and tidied some things up around the house. After you were finished, you looked at some of the other stands.
A lot of other people had great and interesting stands, too, and you were nervous about winning this.

Xingqui would announce the winner at the end of the day, and they rented some fire works for the announcement.

After 2 hours, the event or competition began everyone could read books of other people and leave them tips and the end of the day everyone could vote for one person or one book to win.

You were handing out books, and after some hours, you only had a few left. Xingqiu also came to help you hand out some books, and it was time to finally announce the winner .

Only you and two other people were left, so you still had hopes that you could win this

After xingqiu announced the 3rd place, only you and another person named Naomi were left.
"The winner is none other than my dear friend y/n, They worked so much for this book and did a really good job. I have to thank them again for everything that they already have done for me, and congratulations on your win. This is well deserved. " xingqiu said while clapping

The crowd started clapping, too, as you went onto the stage.
You couldn't believe that you actually won. " Thank you all, I couldn't have done this with all the support I had," you said while smiling.

You went off of the stage, and xingqiu said he wanted to talk with you.

Authors Note: Thank you for reading. Have a nice day!