Pets!

The trio all had different feelings about these newcomers. 

Hermione, for one, was excited and eager to learn more about them. She found them quite intriguing. 

Harry was warming up to them a bit, especially Percy; he seemed like such a chill, fun guy. He was still a bit skeptical of Nico, he was just so dark and anti-social and Thalia scared him a little. He still didn't really trust them but he had only just met them. 

Ron wasn't happy about them at all. He didn't trust them, he thought Nico was creepy and dark, Thalia was intimidating and scary, and Percy was trying to be the nice guy but he also had a dark aura of his own.

"So is there anything else we need to get?" Percy stopped walking and put his hands on his hips. Everyone else stopped as well, turning to look at each other.

"Well, do you want a pet?" Hermione asked.

"A pet?" Thalia asked.

"Oh yes! You can get a pet to have at Hogwarts but it can only be a cat, toad, or owl. I have a cat named Crookshanks, Harry has an owl called Hedgwig and Ron has an owl, Pigwidgeon!"

"That's not his name." Ron grumbled.

"Ron's sister Ginny came up with it and now he won't answer to anything else." Harry explained a slight chuckle in his voice.

"Anyway would you guys like to check it out?" Hermione asked.

The cousins all looked at each other before Thalia decided to answer.

"Yeah, sure." She answered with a shrug.

They began walking in the direction of the pet shop. Percy and Nico weren't all too happy about this considering owls usually hated Percy because of Athena and all animals tended to cower away from Nico.

They got to the shop and went inside. 

Almost immediately the owls began to go crazy not liking the son of Poseidon. Percy smiled sheepishly as his cousins looked at him. The wizards looked around at the owls confused but continued on as though it was normal.

"Well go on, choose whichever you want, if you want one." Harry said.

The demigods split up and went up to the cages. 

Thalia looked around at the cats and owls, she wasn't too keen on getting a toad. One owl seemed to catch her eye, he had white feathers with some tan accents. His eyes were a lightning yellow filled with striking indifference. 

He looked dignified amongst the other owls and looked at Thalia with a calculating expression. He appeared to be a type of leader that held himself with pride. Thalia decided then and there that this was her owl.

Percy walked a few feet away from the cages noticing the death glare the owls were giving him. How an owl could give a death glare he didn't know but they were and they were scary. 

He was just about to give up and tell the others he'd wait outside when a certain owl caught his eye. 

She had gray feathers with a white stomach. She stared at him in intrigue. There was no hostility in her dark stormy eyes. 

Percy stepped closer, the owls beside her going crazy but she stayed calm tilting her head with interest. Her eyes looked like they held a plethora of knowledge that Percy wasn't privy to. She chirped affectionately at him, still looking at him with intrigue. 

Percy felt a connection with this owl, this one was his.

Nico cringed away from all the animals just like they were doing to him. The only animals he truly liked were Cerberus and Ms. O'Leary.