Chapter 8: Impossible Delivery

Mk's pov:

I'm training with Monkey King on Flower Fruit Mountain. He kept dodging my attacks until he used his tale to throw me inside of the mountain. "Better. Way, way better." He said after slamming into the ground and catching me. "You're totally getting the hang of this, bud!" "Aw really?" I ask. "I mean, it does make sense. You are getting trained by me. Now, we just gotta work on your focus." Monkey King said. "Yeah, I am the best of focus— What do you mean, "work on my focus?!" I-I'm like No. 1 Focus Guy!" I said, up in his face. "Ugh, if anyone is No. 1 Focus Guy, it's me." He said, pushing me away.

"What?!" I yell and pull out his book. "Literally, your entire legacy is about you being impulsive and dodging responsibilities!" I say flipping through the pages. Monkey King grabs a bag of Peach Chips and says, "That's where you are wrong" "The time that you ate all the Immortal Peaches that you were meant to guard?" I say. "That was a long time ago." Monkey King says. "When you kept annoying everyone at the Celestial Realm?" I state. "That's a matter of opinion." He brushed off the question. "The time you pick a fight with Buddha—" before I could finish Monkey King shoves a peach chip into my mouth.

"See, that right there is the problem. You stressed too much about the negatives. Focus is taking in everything, but honing in only on the one thing that matters. Right now, I'm talking to you while also honing in the speed of the wind, the moisture in the air, these 37 emails for my lawyer, the first 18 seasons of Monkey King: The Animated Series. The inner resonance of my soul that contemplates the fact that I am an immortal being, who will never be able to die. And that bug right over there. But..." He eats another Peach Chip before continuing, "I'm paying attention to you. Take in everything, choose what you want to do, and then do it. That is the focus."

"That sounds... super confusing, and like you're just constantly distracted." I say. "Or maybe, you just can't handle real focus?" Monkey King stated. I gasp. "I-I can totally focus. I focus all the time! In fact, the very next thing I do, is gonna be the most focused thing ever!" I say with confidence. I was at Pigsy's Noodles after training. "Hey, uh, MK. You mind explaining to me why I have two hundred orders of noodles that haven't been delivered yet?!" Pigsy yells at me. I chuckle before saying, "I thought Mr. Tang was gonna do it?"

"Distraction. That's your greatest weakness, MK. You need to follow through on the task at hand. Understand?" Pigsy said before turning around to see me on my phone. "Huh?" I ask, not really paying attention. He throws a spoon at Me. "That's it. I'm done. It's over. Pack your bags. You're outta here." Pigsy said walking off. I gasp," What?! Give me another chance. Please. I-I can do better!" His phone rings and he answer the call. "Uh-huh. Uh-huh. Of course. Right way." He said before hanging up. "Fine. One more chance. But, if you slip up, even a little bit. Well, the Delivery Bot 9000 is surprisingly affordable".He said showing me an ad.

"No! I'm not gonna let you down, Pigsy. I'm gonna have to focus, like I've never focused before." He prepares to leave the shop until Pigsy clears his throat, reminding him about the noodles. He takes one of the bags of noodles.

Jade's Pov:

"He delivers noodles literally every day. How is this suddenly..." Pigsy says. I walk out of the kitchen after cleaning the floors. "Pigsy it's Mk, he's always distracted." I say heading for the supply closet for the spray to clean the tables. "I know, I know." Pigsy says in defeat.

Mk's Pov:

I started up the tuk-tuk and drove it until I reached a stoplight. "Okay, do just like Monkey King said. Focus. Take everything in." I looked at my surroundings. "Lamp post. Street sign. Amazing awesome arcade, filled with the best games in the universe." I get distracted. "Ahh, no! I have to focus. Focus!" I told myself. "I win!" I hear a random man yell. I look at the arcade again and dashes inside, playing the games until I realize that I got distracted. "No, no, no, no! I got distracted! Pigsy is totally gonna fire me! That's it. No more distractions." I told myself. "Hey, um, I got some more tokens—" An anti-gravity arcade employee started to say to me.

"No!" I knocked the tokens off the employee's hands, "I got to go!" I say, running out of the arcade. "Sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry!" I say as I get back on the tuk-tuk and drive off, leaving the other drivers to stay behind a red light. "What is going on?! I can't let Pigsy down. I just need to concentrate. Just make up for lost time. I can do it. Nothing's gonna stop me." I say, seconds before I get hit by a soccer ball. "Hey, watch it!" I yell. "Jeepers. Sorry, mister. Hey, you want to play? We need someone else so we could have a proper game." One of the three kids said.

"Aw-w-w. Aw, I really wish I could, but-but if I do..." I imagine what would happen if he played soccer with the kids, with the outcome being I getting fired and replaced with the Delivery Bot 9000. I gasp. "I have to make this delivery! You all just want to trick me into staying here forever! I'm not falling for it." I laugh as I continue on with my delivery.

I screamed, "No. No. Noooo! No, no!" I stopped by a food stall. "Uh, can I get a large—" I went back to my delivery, "Dang it! Ugh, come on, MK! You fought deadly demons! Survived active volcanoes! Faced Pigsy's wrath on a Monday! You could easily cover over 5,000 blocks in eleven minutes. I can do this!" I say. I stopped at a sign pointing in two directions. One path leading to a normal path, and the other leading to a forest. "I think we all know what the obvious choice here is." I say as I head down the forest. "I should be getting close. I'm" He checks the monitor. "So far away!" I say in a panic. I stopped the tuk-tuk. "I'm never gonna be a master of focus! I'm not giving up. Just do what Monkey King said. First, take everything in: Trees, yes. Random skeleton that I'm definitely gonna report to the police later? Yes. Spooky pathway that will inevitably lead to my doom, yep, check, noted. I might have taken too much in." I scream as my phone jumps, with an incoming call. "Pigsy! H-H-Hey, how're things with you? I'm definitely not lost in a terrifying forest." I say.

"Hey, you know this" I see vines weaving their way towards me as Pigsy talks, "Delivery Bot 9000 can deliver over 9,000 deliveries a day? So you—" "Oh, is that so? That's very interesting!" I say as the vines come for me. "Kid, you okay?" Pigsy asks as I get wrapped up in vines. "You're breaking up. Uh..." I make static noises, "'Kay, bye!" The monster trees began speaking. One in Pigsy's voice, "One more chance!" another in Monkey King's voice, "You can't handle real focus!" Then both began screaming in Pigsy and Monkey King's voices, Focus! Focus! Focus!" Looking at the noodles, I remember Monkey King's advice, "Take in everything, choose what you want to do, and then do it."

"I want to deliver these noodles. I want to deliver these noodles. I am going to deliver these noodles!" I break free of my subconscious mind. "I did it! I did it! I shut everything out except the thing I needed to focus on. I also summoned monster trees with my stress so should I see a doctor? We'll worry about that later. I am a master of focus! Let's deliver some noodles" I say as I put on my headphones and drive through Monkey Village. "Focus! Focus, focus, focus! "I repeatedly said before I rushed out but remembered the order of noodles. "Focus, focus, focus, focus, focus!" I repeated harder as I went back for the noodles.

I knock on the door but before the customer opens it, I break down the door. "Pigsy's Noodles!" I yell. I looked to see if the customer was Monkey King. "You finally made it." Monkey King said. "Monkey King? Wait." I gasp. "This was all a lesson to see if I could focus!" I said. "Uh... yes! I wanted to teach you a valuable lesson. I definitely didn't just order three helpings of noodles to my shame temple." Monkey King said. "You were right. I really was, honestly, terrible at focusing. But then..." I say excited. "I'm just gonna take those off ya." Monkey King said, taking the food. "I paid attention to everything, but I only focused on one thing: delivering... your... noodles!" I say. "That's great, bud. I'm proud of ya. But... this isn't my order." Monkey King. All I said was, "What?!"