Chapter 24

"You're not taking us anywhere!" Polar roared. He tried to flip the blue dragon holding him, but wasn't successful.

The SeaWing moved farther away from Polars lashing tail, then snarled at him. Polar returned a growl, lashing his tail more.

"Let me go," Alina howled. Sea was keeping her in place by pushing her talons deeper into the sand, effectively preventing Alina from moving.

"Sure," Sea began, and for a moment Alina looked relieved, before she continued. "I'll let you stand once you let me put on the harness."

"Never" Alina spat at Sea. She attempted to pull herself out of the sand, but wasn't able to get far before Sea pushed her back down.

"I can tell you all are going to give us quite some trouble," Sea said. She continued to taunt Alina, when Sylvia felt a tug on her neck. She looked up, and was pulled to her talons.

Waterfall was dragging her over to Alina, her harness wrapped around one talon, and a second around the other. He silently crept up behind the ChargedWing, and swiftly wrapped the strong links of chain and fabric around her neck.

Alina was mid retaliation, when she was cut off. Waterfall pulled the chain around his talon, and yanked it. Hard.

Alina tripped backward, landing in the sand. She jumped up and snarled at Waterfall.

"I wouldn't try anything if I were you," he said, smirking.

"Well, by the way you've been acting so far, I'm led to believe you would totally be trying something if you were in her situation," Polar yelled from where he was.

Moonhowler looked up, snickering. Alina also seemed pleased with Polars comment.

Sylvia saw how Waterfall's face dropped into a frown. He glared at Polar, yanking on the chains around his talons once more.

Sylvia took this as a hint to follow, so she ever so slowly began to walk with him, Alina moving as well.

"Oh, you must think you're so funny," Waterfall growled. Polar simply nodded. "Well, I've got news for you, freeze snout. You try something like that again and I will personally request that I-"

Sea stopped him once again. "Waterfall..." she growled. The dragon who was holding down Polar stepped between Waterfall and his prisoner.

He bared his teeth, growling in a low, menacing pitch. Waterfall let his expression turn to one of terror. He let out a squeak, before turning tail and running toward the other end of the clearing.

"Good," said Sea, yanking up Moonhowler, and motioning for the other dragon to follow.

"Now we can take them back."

***

"Aurora!" Sea yelled.

Sylvia was now standing on the edge of a wall of trees and shrubs. There was a small path, leading into who knows where, shadowed by the palm leaves. Around them was nothing but the same scenery as seen on the island. This, however, was a different island, stretching ever so close to the main continent.

"Aurora, we have trespassers," Sea yelled once again. Soon, a pale blue with green SeaWing emerged from the tunnel.

"Sea," she said calmly.

"Aurora, we found these five trying to sneak past our borders." Sea said.

"Ha, did they really believe that they could sneak past our guard?" Aurora laughed. "Let me have 'em. I'll take the fools back to camp," she said, voice heavy with an accent.

Sylvia felt dread hit her like a swing from a MudWing. She had a feeling that things weren't going to end well.

Sea, Waterfall, and the other SeaWing handed the chains to the harnesses to Aurora. Sea gave a curt nod before walking in the direction they had come from, Waterfall and the third SeaWing following behind.

"Come with me," Aurora said, flicking her tail.

Sylvia reluctantly followed. Polar was dragging his talons in the sand. Nightshade walked along just as he alway had, though his head was lowered. He looked to be mumbling to himself.

Alina was also slightly dragging her talons, looking frustrated. Moonhowler was biting at his chains, in a desperate attempt to free himself.

Sylvia thought for a moment. She felt like they were missing something...or maybe... someone.

She would have thought about it more, but she was distracted by the scene that was shown before her. It was a beach like area, with palms seemingly marking borders she hadn't yet come to know about.

There was a small pool of water in the middle of the clearing, also surrounded by palm trees. There were a few huts made of logs, but there were also som e clefts made in a stone wall. It wasn't a very large wall, though it did go up quite a bit; around three or four dragons above Sylvia.

It wasn't a ton, but it was something.

"Looks like rain's coming." Aurora said out of nowhere. Sylvia glanced at the sky, noticing a few gray clouds out in the distance.

Aurora brought the prisoners a bit farther into the camp, before pulling them aside.

They all stopped, looking up at Aurora.

"I'm going to finish what I was doing, and I'm coming right back for you guys." she said. She took all the chains in her hands, and grabbed a metal stake that was protruding from the ground. Sylvia saw that the stakes were lining the clearing, each a few feet apart from the other.

Aurora looped the chains with the stake, before shoveling it back into the sand. She gave it a small tug, before turning and walking away.

It was silent, till Aurora was out of sight. Polar immediately jumped to his talons and ran to the metal that was just slightly sticking out of the sand.

He pulled at it with both talons, trying to get it up, however, he was unsuccessful. He let out a growl before whipping around.

"I can't get the darn thing up," he spat.

"Maybe we don't have to," Moonhowler suggested.

"Alright then, how do you suggest we get out of this situation? You are the one that got us into it in the first place."

"Me? I wasn't the one that started it. You already know it was Alina that was trying to be comical,"

"Oh, so now everything is my fault, is it?" Alina growled.

The three began to argue, fighting over nothing. Sylvia, normally, would have jumped right in to stop the bickering, but because of recent events, decided not to take any chances.

If they want to tear each other to pieces, then so be it. She thought to herself.

She turned away from the fight, not wanting to get involved in any way. She saw a few SeaWings walking back and forth with different items in their talons. Some were carrying stones, some had weapons; either way, each dragon had their talons full. All, except one.

Sylvia could see one lone SeaWing, standing off to the side. She was a teal blue, with dark blue on her horns, back spines, and wings. Her talons had some dark purple, as well as her tail; It looked as if it had been dipped in ink.

Sylvia looked intently at the SeaWing as she sat. The noise of her friends arguing had subdued only a bit. Sylvia let out a gasp as she finally recognized who the dragon was. Her mother.

(Word count: 1219)