Chapter III: Sweet Dreams, Master

(Y/n) = Your name

(S/c) = Skin color

(H/c) = Hair color

(F/c) = Favorite color

[.....] = Writing/reading

Third Person P.O.V

After having their private discussion, Olga and (Y/n) caught up to the rest of the group. But as Olga walked up to them, she was quick to notice Mash's dreary expression. So she slowly walked next to Ritsuka with (Y/n).

Olga: "Hey, Ritsuka. It's pretty obvious that Kyrielight's looking depressed. You are her Master, aren't you? Do something to cheer her up!" she whispered to her.

Ritsuka suddenly looked a bit caught off-guard by this. She was lost in thought staring over the remains of the city in the distance, so she didn't notice that Mash looked depressed. She looked over to Mash and walked up next to her with a soft smile.

Ritsuka: "Hey Mash, is something wrong?" she asked worriedly.

Mash: "No! There's nothing different. I'm operating perfectly, Master! ...but that's the problem, nothing's different..." she said sadly.

Mash: "Um, under your command Senpai, I have gained enough experience... And yet... I'm still unable to unleash my Noble Phantasm. I don't even know how to unleash it... I'm like a defective Servant." she stated.

Fou: "Fou..." they cried out from Mash's shield.

After saying this, Dr. Roman's hologram appeared in front of Mash, causing the group to stop.

Dr. Roman: "Oh, so that's what was bothering you. You have such a strong sense of responsibility, Mash... But I don't think that can be settled overnight. After all, it's a Noble Phantasm. If a Heroic Spirit's secret weapon can be mastered within a day or two, then Servants won't be that special anymore." he told her.

When saying this, Mash only looked sadder from this news. Lily and Caster however looked at one another a bit confused before looking over to Mash.

Caster: "Of course we can master something like that immediately. After all, Heroic Spirits and Noble Phantasms are the same thing. If the young lady here can fight as a Servant, that means at that very moment you can use your Noble Phantasm." he pointed out.

Caster looked at Mash for a moment before rubbing his chin.

Caster: "And yet you can't, which simply means your magical energy is not circulating right. Let's see, maybe enthusiasm? No, perhaps too reserved? Anyway, I'm sure it's because you just don't yell out when you practice." he smiled.

Mash: "Really? R-E-A-L-L-Y-!?" she yelled in surprise/practice.

Fou: "Faaaaaaaaaaa?" they squeak in confusion.

Olga: "Hey, don't yell all of a sudden! You're going to burst my eardrums, seriously!" she told Mash in annoyance.

Mash: "Sorry, Director. But Caster said we should shout..." she said shyly.

Lily: "I don't think he meant it literally, Mash. More like, your body or soul yelling out. It's like a strong feeling before and when you use it." she clarified.

Caster: "Yeah, something like that. But, I like your enthusiasm." he grinned.

Caster looked over to Ritsuka.

Caster: "Ritsuka, you heard the young lady. Do you mind if we take a quick detour?" he asked.

Ritsuka, however, only walked over to Mash protectively.