Thanksgiving

Joe was finally back for Thanksgiving. I was super happy, and then Taylor sent us on a grocery shopping trip for a ton of supplies and food.

We went to a smaller grocery store in order to not get noticed as much, and started on our adventure.

"First thing on the list...turkey." Joe said.

We began making our way to wherever the turkey would be, until we, or should I say Joe, got distracted in the candy isle.

"Oh! They have these sweets here!" He said, excitedly pointing to a bag of candy corn.

"We need to get to the turkey isle." I said. I knew there wasn't actually a 'turkey isle' but I needed to put it in its simplest words.

"Can we please just get these?" Joe begged, holding up the bag.

I only rolled my eyes and pushed the cart along to our destination. Joe then threw the bag into the cart basketball style, but I ignored him.

We were able to get the turkey, ham, stuffing ingredients, and canned cranberry sauce, which Joe absolutely freaked out about. I think being in London for so long got to him somehow.

When we finally got home with all the groceries, Joe opened the bag of candy corn and started eating it.

"What's all this candy doing here?" Taylor asked, gesturing to the various chocolates Joe just couldn't resist.

"Not my fault. Your boyfriend is too British."

Taylor couldn't help but laugh and shake her head at the situation.

Our thanksgiving wasn't going to be as big as the parties that usually happen at the house, instead it would just be grandma Andrea, Abigail and her husband. Todrick and Martha Hunt plus her husband and baby daughter were also coming.

I helped make the turkey and stuffing, while Joe kept eating candy and watching Law and Order. Everyone was going to bring their own dish, and grandma Andrea literally makes the best Mac and cheese of all tine.

Everyone arrived around 7, and it had to be the most high energy thanksgiving before we even started eating.

Taylor got the brilliant idea to play musical chairs, and it was me against Todrick. Lizzo was playing and I was in my element, very focused. I swear Taylor let it play for like five whole minutes, before stopping it.

Todrick and I were both directly at the side of the chair. While Todrick tried to sit, I simply grabbed the chair and sat down.

"No, I let you win!" Todrick said, practically dying of laughter on the floor.

After that we sat down for dinner. Martha brought some really good mashed potatoes, Abigail brought the classic greens and rice, and Todrick brought sweet potato pie, which was literally delicious and completely gone by the end.

We played cards against humanity, which got so wild that Taylor shielded my eyes a couple of times.

It was late when everyone went home. One of my favorite tv shows, Agents of Shield, was still playing in the background as I finished washing the last of the dishes and wiping down the countertops.

"You didn't have to do all that Y/n." Taylor said as I sat on the couch next to her.

"Huh?" I replied, confused. "Do what?"

"Clean up." Joe said.

"Oh. Sorry?"

"You're a good kid." Taylor smiled, putting her arm around me.

"I know." I smirked sarcastically.

"A sassy one too." Joe chuckled.

I laughed, laying my head on Taylor's lap, later falling asleep.

Little authors note haha:

I've been doing my best to make this poc friendly especially since every y/n story ever goes with the assumption that y/n is white with straight hair lmao.

(I'm a poc don't cancel me lmao)

Mwah ily