Birthday

"Thirty minutes people! We have thirty minutes!" I yelled, practically running around the house.

I maneuvered around balloons and streamers and various people carrying different trays of food.

It was Taylor's birthday. One of the most important times of the year. I mean, to me at least.

"Where the hell is Meredith? We need her for the pictures." I said to Martha, while looking through my list of things that needed to be done. I was asking her because she is notoriously Meredith's favorite.

"I'll find her." She replied.

"Hey-"

"What?!" I said, turning around only to see Xochitl.

"Oh, babe I'm sorry." I sighed.

"You're stressed. Everything's going to be fine. Taylor would love this party even if it like, exploded or something."

"You're right..." I said.

"I know!" Xo chirped.

"But aren't the candles you're holding supposed to be on the cake?" I whispered, raising my eyebrows.

"Yeah I'll get on that...love you!" Xo said, before kissing my cheek and running off.

Joe took Taylor on a little ice cream birthday date. They left me with Selena and her little sister Gracie. As soon as the car drove away, we called everyone from Taylor's parents to the Haim sisters who flew in all the way from LA.

I took the role of being the leader in setting up, which was an interesting decision, but not necessarily a bad one.

I stared out the window, waiting for the moment when the Tesla parked. I watched as Taylor and Joe got out of the car and began to walk up the driveway.

"She's here! Places!"

Selena, Gracie, and I sat on the couch, pretending like everything was normal. We started a fake conversation about the Christmas tree that was in front of us, trying not to laugh.

Taylor walked in, completely flabbergasted.

"Oh you guys are back already?" I said, smiling so hard you could tell it was an act.

"Took you long enough." Selena said in that nonchalant voice that was way more convincing than mine. Though Gracie was giggling, which definitely gave it away, but she's adorable, so it was ok.

"What- I- what is this?!" Taylor could barely speak.

"Surprise!"

Everyone popped up from their hiding places, which literally made Taylor scream, totally shocking her. Joe stood there smiling like an idiot and it was so cute I had to take a picture.

"Happy birthday mom!" I yelled, hugging her.

"You planned all this didn't you?"

"Of course I did!" I smiled.

Taylor was so excited to see all her friends who she hasn't seen in a while. Even Harry flew out from London.

I invited some of my friends. Just to make sure I wasn't completely lonely the whole time. They were all friends Taylor already knew, obviously.

We decided to play a classic party game, truth or dare. Since there were minors involved, we had to keep it pg-13.

We all sat in a huge circle. I was clearly unaware of what Taylor was doing beforehand because she already had strings of party fringe in her hair, and was laughing her ass off with Lana.

"Birthday girl first!" Liz said, who was kind of like my co-planner in all of this.

The way the game worked is that someone would spin the bottle and whoever it landed on meant you got to give them a truth or dare and they do the same to you.

Taylor span the bottle and it landed on Sabrina.

"Ok Sab, truth or dare?"

"Dare..." Sabrina said, knowing she would regret it just based on the mischievous look on Taylor's face.

"I dare you...to take a bite of a delicious cookie sandwich I'm going to make you."

Sabrina looked scared out of her mind, and everyone looked even more scared for her.

Taylor got up and went to the kitchen, coming back only a few seconds later with an Oreo stuffed with various things like pickles, mustard, and even cheese. Then handed it to Sabrina.

"Ew why is it soggy?" She cringed.

Soon, everyone started to chant 'eat it' because Sab was just staring at the monstrosity for a while, before finally biting into it.

Sabrina went through the 7 stages of grief but managed to swallow everything without barfing.

"I'm never doing a dare again."

She then got her revenge by making Taylor take a bite of an onion like it was an apple, which was almost worse.

After a few more spins, Selena told everyone her last kiss, Abigail got a makeover from Harry, and Phoebe was blindfolded for the rest of the game.

"What's the worst thing you've ever done?" Jen asked me.

"Go to that one party." I said, grimacing at the memory.

My friends nodded in agreement, also thinking the same.

"But punching Hugo in the face was so worth it." I smiled.

"That's definitely your kid Taylor." Sadie, who was sitting next to her stranger things costars, laughed.

"Hell yeah she is."

The party was fun. We ate tons of food, sang happy birthday, and Taylor opened the crazy amount of gifts she got. People eventually left, and after plenty of goodbyes, the house was empty.

"Hey mom." I said, sitting on the couch next to her. Joe had already gone to bed, I think he was in a sugar coma.

"Hi honey." She said, kissing my forehead.

"I got your gift. I wanted to wait to give it to you."

I handed Taylor a flat rectangular shape covered in pink wrapping paper.

"Awww, you're too sweet Y/n."

Taylor unwrapped the gift, revealing a card and a cd. She opened to card, and read it out loud.

"Dear Taylor, you're the best mom anyone could ask for. You've got me through everything from handling my past to handling my breakups. You deserve the world, but I can't give you that. So I recorded you a song instead. You are my favorite person. I love you so much mom. - Y/n."

Taylor had tears in her eyes, and looked at me lovingly. I only put my head on her shoulder, letting the happy tears flow.