Moondrop x Reader

It was easy to say your job was not in the best shape. Almost every animatronic in the establishment had decided to randomly break down all at once, and being one of two mechanics capable of that kind of damage done, your schedule took your stress to a whole other level. That's been the last week and a half for you and your buddy, Jeremy, or just Jerry. You'd been working day and night to get the animatronics up and running, with just about two hundred coffee breaks between tasks.

"Ooh, can I have some?"
"No, Sun."
"Can I have some?"
"No."
"Can I have some?"
"Sun. No."
"Can I have? Can I have? Can I have? Can I have? Can I have? Can I have? Can I have? Can I have? Can I--"
"NO--!!"

Let's just say Sun isn't your number one fan now. In fact, he's sitting in Parts and Service even longer to get some coffee and bits of a ham sandwich out of his circuits. Not that those were what you brought that exact same day for a midnight snack. Of course you hadn't also thrown them at him...
Jerry didn't mind. He was cool with it, like he was cool with a lot of other things, as long as it was YOUR problem to deal with. You were supposed to deal with the bugger at the moment, but you decided you needed to focus on yourself and head down to the bar.
After a long, lengthy walk to where no kid would have enough energy to access, you reached the bar. You'd expect no animatronics, since it was a kid-free zone for the occasional not-so-kid-friendly activity, but they did have a not-so-kid-friendly animatronic.
Lefty. And he wasn't not kid friendly in the way you'd think, he just had some mannerisms and language that kids just wouldn't enjoy. You were sure parents wouldn't enjoy it either if their kids came back with some new vocabulary words. The bar was filled with tables that branched off to a restaurant on the side. In the middle of it all was a large space for dance parties, and way above that was the newest set of DJ Music Man tunnels.  Another guy you were pretty chill with. But back to Lefty-
He was shining the countertop for about the twentieth time you've walked in on him today. Lefty's ear twitched in your direction and he looked up for a split second before focusing back on his task. You sat down at the front of the bar and waited patiently for his attention. Lefty turned his back to you and started assorting bottles.
"Ahem," you cleared your throat. The bear's ear twitched again. "Lefty." He turned around.
"I was wondering when you'd finally show." He rested his elbows on the counter with that half lidded look. The rizzler look, Jerry called it.
"Ha, ha. I want--"
"The usual?" You were left speechless from the sudden interruption. Lefty raised his eyebrow and you rested your arms down onto the counter in defeat. Lefty scoffed and went back to grab a couple bottles. "So, you still working on the sunflower guy?"
"Sundrop."
"Whatever."
"Yes, I am. But Sun isn't as...cooperative." You sighed.
"Are either of them?" Lefty poured a glass for you and put it in front of you. You laughed and shook your head. No, the Daycare Attendant was always a hassle, no matter the side. "And that's why I stay away from the Daycare."
"Dude, you were built to stay away from the Daycare." You scoffed. Lefty looked up at you from the counter, which he was once again inspecting.
"Not exactly," Lefty said smoothly. "I mean. I was supposed to work at the Daycare theater once Sun and Moon moved out--"
"They were in there before the Daycare??" You gasped.
"Not the point," Lefty hissed. "The point is, they weren't exactly designed for their job, but they do a mediocre job at it. I wasn't intended for this job, but heck I do a lot better of a job than in the Daycare. Ha!" He barked out a laugh. "All of us have personalities grained into us, so you can't really force us to act a certain way, y'know?"
"Yeah, I see what you mean," you agreed. "Like how Roxy's real self absorbed for no reason." Lefty shot a finger gun at you.
"Exactly," he said. "Now, speaking of the two rascals, you'd better only have one of those tonight. You don't want to get caught off guard with Moon." Lefty snickered. You gave him a hopeless shrug and walked off with your drink. "Ahem!!" Lefty beckoned for you. "Money."
"Right," you sighed, reaching into your back pocket. You pulled out three faz-coins and Lefty took them into his big, grey paw. On his chest was a star, and in the middle, a small slot. He put your coins into the slot and waved you off with a blunt "thank you".
You were on your way to the Daycare when the hairs on your back began to stand. You felt like you were being watched. So you put your phone away and kept your senses sharp. There was always that chance that someone had snuck into the Pizzaplex under the night guard's watch. Wouldn't be the first time. It was such a big place, only to be covered by hacker-vulnerable STAFF bots and one or two people. A sense of security, however, washed over you once you stepped into the Daycare's doors. The place was always patrolled and made into a safe play area. Oh, no, not by the actual employees--by the Daycare Attendant himself. There was the Dayshift guard, but his job was more "no one suspiciously leaves with a child" and "no one hurts a child". The guard would cruise, and the Daycare Attendant would do the real babysitting. If someone asked you, you'd say Sun and Moon might as well do the guard's job for him.
Sun and Moon were very playful with the kids, but they were also protective. So. Very. Protective. It was kind of sweet, but also kind of irritating.
You reached the doors inside the Daycare that lead directly inside the playground. Only this time, the playground was dark.
"I guess I'll be dealing with Moon tonight," you said to yourself, closing the entrance doors behind you. You pulled out a small flashlight from your pocket and looked around the play area. It was spotless, as usual. The only thing you'd need to worry about is the few castles of blocks Sun would keep around. He supposes that the kids put too much effort into the structures for them to be simply torn down. You didn't worry about Moon creeping around all that much, since he had LED lights for eyes.
You walked along the line of light you'd drawn ahead with your flashlight. The path was clear, clear, clear, clear-
Clang!!
You snapped your head to your right. You could see on the other side of the playground, one of the chairs had been knocked over. The dark suddenly crept into your vision. Your breathing picked up. You backed away from the noise, only to make another one yourself. Your foot knocked against something, and your heart sank again. A large stack of blocks, going at least as high as your upper calf, crashed onto the ground. You jumped and turned around to shine your light over the damage.
Sun's not going to like that.
Not that you cared all that much when it came to hurting his feelings. It was far too easy to do that. But you still didn't want to put up with his ramblings. You kneeled down and started to pick up the blocks one by one. The focus on Sun's oh-so-annoying mother-like nature was keeping your fear at a low, steady rate. You stacked the blocks into a similar figure that you saw earlier. It wasn't exactly the same, but it was still up and running, and Sun shouldn't be enough of a lunatic to potentially notice the changes. You finally arched your back up to get a few cracks out of it. You'd been hunched over fixing the blocks for what felt like half an hour. You closed your eyes and winced as the pops in your back went off. You leaned forward some into a comfortable position, and you opened your eyes.
The black and white face of a crescent moon met yours from only two inches away. Its red eyes burned your own and its smile was mischievous, despite the limited movement offered. You sat there, not even flinching. Moon wouldn't leave you alone for the rest of the night if you dared flinch at his little tactics. His smile flipped into a disappointed frown.
"You're no fun," he rasped.
"Cut the voice." You said straightly.
"Come on, it's fun!" He continued, spreading his arms out to the sides of him. You didn't move. "But you're no fun. So I'm not surprised." His voice turned back to normal: a smooth and slightly monotone sound, but soothing nonetheless.
"That's better." You praised him.
"What, were you scared?" He asked.
"Oh, please. You could never scare me."
"Oh, I think I can change that." He turned his frown back into the previous mischievous grin, only a bit more menacing. Dangerous. He scooped his arms around your torso and hoisted you up onto his shoulder. You exclaimed, grabbing on for his back, his arm, neck, anything, as you felt his harness hoist you both up into the air. You felt your body begin to slip from Moon's clutches. Gravity was merciless, but Moon...
He grabbed onto you again and held you so that you could face him. He had one arm scooped underneath your leg and one over your back. His legs were bent up as well so you had somewhat of a seat. You panted, sweat trickling slowly down your face. Your eyes were wide open with terror.
"...arrggghhhh.....MOON!!!" You screamed at him. He cackled in delight.
"How about we turn the lights back on, let Sun handle this?" He suggested.
"No! NO, NO, NO!!!" You pointed a finger into his faceplate.
"Oh, come on!! He doesn't know how to handle this thing! So he comes in, falls, you get down, he has another reason to finally go to Parts and Service, and you both have another reason to hate each other!! Fun for everyone!!"
"I don't hate Sun!! And he doesn't hate me! Am I right!? I'm right, right?!" Insecurity crept into your voice. Sun would take extra care not to drop you, right?
Moon started to twitch violently right after you suggested that. His face rotated around a couple times and your heart fell a flew flights when some of Sun's rays peeked out. If Sun came out now, you were falling a full story and you weren't sure if your back could survive this time. You felt Moon's hold on you slip once again. He shook his head out and returned back to normal.
"I GET IT SUN!!" He sighed. "He doesn't hate you. He really likes you, actually. There, are you happy now, Sun?"
You couldn't help but chuckle at the twos' dynamic. They were just like siblings.
"No, I don't hate Sun. But tell him to stop being such a Karen to me and maybe I'll think more highly of him." You crossed your arms and smirked. Moon smirked along with you before glitching out again.
"Well, Sun says he's just looking out for you."
"Tell Sun I can look after myself."
"He says he knows you can, but he still likes to look after you."
"Well, tell him that I'm not a child!"
"You still are to him. And you do kinda act like once."
"Do not!"
"Sun thought that was very childish."
"Wha-?!!"
"You know what, all this talk about Sun is making me feel very unappreciated." Moon leaned closer to you.
"Oh, please." You scoffed.
"You're...you're just like the children!!" Moon said dramatically, fake sobs falling over each other following his exclamation. You deadpanned.
"Nap time isn't going anywhere. You're good at your job and you know it." You dragged your words out unenthusiastically. Moon paused and seemed to ponder over your words.
"You're right, Y/N." He said in a matter of fact tone. "And that gives me an idea. You wouldn't mind helping me cheer myself up, would you~?"
"Well...no, but the way you're saying that-WOAH-!!" Moon swooped down with the harness gliding across the Daycare. You latched on tight to Moon's neck. He finally came to a halt hovering over the nap time zone.
"Moon, I'm not going to bed." You deadpanned again. His head hung low and he raised himself up again. He'd tried to smother you with pillows in the nap corner multiple times before, but you would never fall asleep. It was your job to stay up these certain shifts, and you weren't going to let Moon of all people--er, animatronics--to get in your way. You weren't surprised he'd surrendered so easily.