loading prologue : 20%

ー☆ before we start!

♡﹒english isn't my first language (it's my uni major tho)

♡﹒cross-posting from ao3 - https://archiveofourown.org/works/45449224/chapters/114351889

♡﹒a lot of references to mystic messenger, persona 5, songs, etc.

ー☆ let's start!

. . . loading prologue : 20% (in which she let her inner otome novels addict rise from the ashes)

Yuu was such an interesting person to get to know with. She possessed quite a character within her, which somewhat suited to this overall college's dynamic.

Was it her circumspection in the first instance when Riddle realized that hanging out with such an outstanding student turned out to be quite a pleasant pastime? In any case, she was a constant guest at unbirthday parties, infecting everyone with her good-natured laughter and striking Heartslabyul students with interesting stories from her world.

Was it her obstinacy when it came to Leona? Oh Sevens, was it that necessary for her to be so sly and so impermissibly entertaining to have around? Not to mention her lap was just as comfortable for Leona to spend hours on it, sleeping as if he hadn't had such sweet dreams ever in his lifetime.

Was it her erudition which Azul was ready to praise (even if not voicing it outloud)? He wondered if she knew everything he was spending time on thinking of just right in the moment she entered Mostro Lounge, ready to give an unprecedentedly brilliant advice.

Was it her liveliness Kalim grew to adore so much? It wasn't hard to befriend him, yet the smile on his face shone brighter every time he saw her on the Scarabia's threshold, preparing to meet her with a bustling festive parade. And even Jamil looked more relaxed in her presence.

Was it her eagerness , which Vil related to completely, respecting this stunning trait of her and admiring her? Her fashion was on spot, and also she promised Vil he never ever hears a lie from her, and she keeps her word to this day, jokingly noticing how yesterday's lipstick shade suited him better than today's one.

Was it her intrepidity Malleus wondered about, spending sleepless nights and trying to figure out how their next late night walk will turn? Never had he someone to talk with so freely, without thinking about how he appears before people and what they think of him. She saw him under that fearsome veil, willingly listening to his stories dedicated to gargoyles.

Nevertheless, Yuu never knew how exactly she got befriended with Lilia Vanrouge. It's not like it was a miracle at any rate, no, not to that extent of something unbelievable. He himself said that Diasomnia guys would love to talk with anyone when they two first met in the cafeteria. There was no one to believe him but Yuu. Lilia, who resembled a bat a bit too much with all mischievous tricks and hanging from the ceiling things of his, and had quite alluring yet suspicious gaze - yeah, that Lilia Vanrouge Yuu befriended.

Was it because she was quite unexpectedly familiar with all of that fan culture she has shown on their concerts with Cater and Kalim? Lilia never hid his interest in her outer world features and it was surprisingly cute figuring out Yuu had idol groups in her world too. To think she even stanned some!

Or was it because Yuu has shown no fear for Malleus? No words were said and yet she still figured out there was something more than just a lasting friendship between two faes. Not in a romantic way, but rather parental adoration, she would say.