43.

el ❤️

hey
sunshine?
baby
hey

what what
oh wait
I KNOW WHY UR TEXTING!!!!
IM LAYE IM LATE
I FORGOT SORRY

it's all good
i'll drive you guys

u can't fit a car seat mike

i changed cars

wait what

yeah
it fits a car seat now

wait you changed cars to fit a car seat??

yeah
why else??

☹️
ur gonna make me cry
okok
i have to get ready
WE MUST TALK ABOUT THIS LATER

we really don't have to but

yes we do
i'm getting xanny ready now

okay

wait
when's the match?
not today
ok
no things needed

yes, el
it's next next week

oh
that's really far
ok just hold on!

holding, el

"get in the car, bugs. get in the car," el opened the front door as daisy and xander ran out hand in hand.

el shut the door with her foot and carried her bags and vada in her seat down the stairs of the front porch.

mike instantly rushed to help, taking the bags from her. "had breakfast?"

she nodded. "yeah,"

he smiled widely and opened the back door to place daisy in, then vada, then xander.

then he placed the bags in and made sure they were buckled in before smiling at el. "go on, sit at the front."

she nodded as he opened the door for her and she got in and buckled herself in as he circled the car to head into the drivers seat.

"we are talking about this new car later," she said and he rolled his eyes and shook his head. "whatever you wish, baby,"

she nodded with a wide smile and he began to drive to the rink for xander's hockey practice.

"mama," daisy called, kicking her legs from the backseat. "mama, mama,"

el hummed. "yes, baby?"

daisy just giggled and held her sheep up high in the air. "mommy, bunny and sheep are best friend," she said. "love!"

el let out a small laugh. "okay, baby. they love each other, right?"

daisy nodded, turning to xander and was getting distracted by his hair.

mike leaned over to el. "sleep well?"

she nodded and smiled gently. "mhm," she pointed ahead. "watch the road, mike,"

he let out a small laugh before nodding. "yes, yes,"

she let out a small grin and leaned into the side of the car as her head rested on the window for comfort.

+++

daisy quietly sat on el's lap, facing the rink with a wide smile as el's hand wrapped around her loosely to keep her from falling.