Chapter Four

As soon as my father said I could go to Canada I rushed upstairs to find Sabrina

As soon as my father said I could go to Canada I rushed upstairs to find Sabrina. We spent all last night packing everything we needed. Now we are saying goodbye as we leave for the jet in 5 minutes. Sabrina says goodbye to her mum and so do I. She tells us to call her as soon as we land and to be safe. I pull Zana into a tight hug and place a small kiss to her cheek.

"Call me if you need anything," I say to her as I pull away.

"I will! But I will be fine don't worry about me. Go have a good time, you deserve it." 

My father hasn't come to say goodbye, he left the castle early this morning, he says he has an important meeting to attend.

I can't help but feel upset about it. I know we are not each others favourite people, but I thought he would at least say goodbye. His own daughter is going away for three months. But I guess I'm not worth it to him. 

Sabrina and I jump into the car which takes us it straight to the jet on the runway.  We board the jet, take our seats and buckle in. The jet takes off and I watch my country disappear beneath us, feeling a mix of excitement and nerves. A new chapter of our lives is about to begin. The 9 hour flight is filled with laughter and excitement. We talk about all the things we want to experience while we are here. We have decided to go to a bar tomorrow  and then the next day we managed to get some last minute tickets for the start of the hockey season, it is Toronto Maple Leafs vs Vancouver Canucks. I know absolutely nothing about hockey neither does Sabrina, but we're going to be in Canada so it is a given. How can you go to Canada and not see a hockey game.

Half way through we both fall asleep. I dream about these next three months and all the things I'm going to do, things I never thought I would get the chance to do.

I'm woken up by one of the stewardesses telling me we have landed. Sabrina wipes a hand over her face, her hair is a mess from moving around in her sleep. We exit the plane and go to collect our luggage. After hauling our luggage of the conveyor belt we call a taxi that takes us to our AirBnB we are staying in. 

It is a beautiful two bed apartment in the heart of Toronto with floor to ceiling windows that overlook the Toronto skyline. By the time we arrive in the apartment it is 1AM, so we both just go to our rooms so we will be fresh for the morning. As soon as I enter my room I walk over to the window. I take in the breathtaking view of the city and all its lights. I can't help but feel overwhelmed by the beauty of it all. I take a deep breath and let out a content sigh. I take a few moments to appreciate the moment, before turning around and getting ready for bed. As I drift off to sleep, I know I'm grateful for this amazing opportunity.

---

I take a deep breath and let out a sigh. I stretch my arms and legs and take a few moments to enjoy the stillness of the morning. I get out of bed and begin to get ready for the day. I take a quick shower and then go to pick out an outfit. I settle on light wash blue denim jeans with a chunky cable knit sweater. My hair is pulled back into a low bun, with two strands pulled out at the front to frame my face.