Chapter II

Santa Clara, California
1 Day After The Anniversary

--

Y/N's POV

"Please, think about it, Mr. Davis. Your daughter's talented and the label saw that and is taking a risk on giving the band a chance sir. Offers like this aren't given easily, so this means that this band is extraordinary. This is only a one-time offer." Mr. Turner pleaded for what felt like an eternity as we all stood there in silence.

"Mr. Turner, please I hope you understand that I signed Clementine in a very prestigious university because I want a successful life for her. You said it yourself. It is all about betting. The label is taking risk. What if it didn't turn out successful? Besides, the music industry isn't all just about music. There are drugs in there, alcohol, and other worse things my daughter could stumble upon on. I am sorry but if you want to continue signing, fine, but do not include my daughter in it." Mr. Davis stood up and stared at Cleo, hoping she would get what's happening and go home with him.

We stared at her, anticipating on what she'll do next.

As Cleo stood up, we sighed in defeat. She gave her father an embrace before turning to walk back next to Mr. Turner.

"I'm sorry, dad, but this is what I want. Please, give me this one chance, and if it doesn't work out, I swear I'll work my back off, do everything you say, and live my life according to your wishes. But please, let me try to be responsible for my own life, even just once, dad. I will never ask for anything else again."

Mr. Davis sighed and nodded in response, which made us all smile. "Mr. Turner, I swear, you'll get what you deserve if something bad happens to my daughter."

Mr. Turner nodded and patted Mr. Davis' back. "I will take care of your kid, Mr. Davis. That, I promise you."

Mr. Davis nodded before giving his daughter one last glance. "All of you should join us for dinner later at 7."

Mr. Turner glanced onto us and we nodded. "We'll be there, sir."

"Alright. Cleo, be on your best behavior at all times." Mr. Davis took his hat and walked away, no longer looking at her daughter.

"It will be fine, Cleo. Your dad supports you, he wasn't just that ready to see you grow. You've always been a daddy's girl, right?" Mr. Turner tried to soothe Cleo.

"Yeah. I'll talk to him, though. Don't worry." Cleo smiled and we all reciprocated it with reassurinf ones.

After a series of talks with our parents, which came out successful, I checked out my watch which read, 6:48.

"We gotta go at Cleo's. I'm starving as well, sooo." I notified everyone, which made Mr. Turner turn on his ignition and drive off.

-

Arriving at their place, we were welcomed by her sweet mother, Angelica, and told us we were just in time as they were already starting to prepare. Few minutes later, we were settled in our seats, utensils on our hands, as we enjoy the very delicious food her mom made.

"Candice, what did I tell you about using your phone on the table?" Mr. Turner called out

Candice, Cleo's younger sister by 2 years, squealed. "Oh my god, I'm sorry dad but guys look. You're trending on Twitter, and Maroon 5 posted you!"

What?

I immediately squinted along with the girls as we stared at Candice's screen.

@Maroon5 :

Watching the anniversary concert yesterday was a blast! These young artists are seriously talented and we cannot fathom the fact that they're criminally underrated as well!