Chapter Seventeen: Best Friend Knows Best

It was the third day when I went to the beach, wearing a bikini (well, not that revealing like the other one). I stopped walking and lied down on a towel that I prepared. I got my sunglasses and placed it on my eyes. Closing them, I tried to relax and go to sleep so when I wake up, I’d have a nice new tan.

I didn’t know how long I stayed there but I heard someone clear their throat. I opened one eye and cocked my head to the side. Xavier was there, sitting beside me.

I sat up and brought myself to smile at him. “Hey, Xavier.”

“Hi.”

“I haven’t seen you last night,” I said nonchalantly. “We were watching my parent’s show.”

“I never thought you’d like that. Last time I asked you, you said you hated that.”

“Yeah, well… Maybe I have a change of heart,” I said and lied on the towel again.

“I think you’re tan enough,” Xavier pointed out.

I raised my arm and checked myself. “Nah, it’s not enough.”

“Well do you want to be tan like George Hamilton?” he asked, referring to an actor who is really tan.

I laughed. “I think that’s a bit too much. But I’ve just noticed that my whole body looks pale.”

“Well, pale is okay. And don’t you remember you’re a redhead?”

“So?”

“Your freckles.”

“Holy shit!” I gasped as I abruptly sat up, my hands immediately rummaging in my bag for a mirror. I checked my reflection and breathed out a sigh of relief. “I forgot about my freckles.”

Xavier smiled knowingly. “Yeah. You always do.”

“I think I should be off,” I grumbled and arranged my towel. I got up, expecting Xavier not to follow. But he did. I glanced at him over my shoulder. “Why are you following me?”

He frowned and I felt my heart quickened. Does he know the way he frowns makes me want to leap at him and devour his lips?

I shook my head, clearing my dirty mind that was filled with dirty thoughts.

“Well, I wasn’t following you,” he replied innocently. “You’re going back to the beach house and my next destination is also there. So… I wasn’t clearly following you.”

I rolled my eyes. “You sound so defensive.”

“Anyway,” he said, changing the topic, “I’ve noticed that you’re perfectly okay with Sandor last night.”

I pursed my lips. I totally forgot about how he caught Sandor and I making out. “He was just kissing me good night.”

“Well, it looks like he was making out with you – not just kiss you.”

I sighed. “Fine. We made out! So?”

Xavier’s jaw tightened. “So?” he repeated mockingly. “I felt jealous, Goddamn it.”

“Well—”

“No, don’t say anything,” he interrupted. “You have no idea how I got jealous, Autumn. So I think you should just be quiet so I will have my way on you.”

“What are you talking about—” But before I could say anything more, Xavier grabbed my arm and pulled me into a small bare room.

Immediately, his lips went down to mine, kissing me roughly. I dropped the towel and my bag to the floor. I pulled my legs up to Xavier’s hips as he pushed me to the wall. I opened my mouth wider and I felt his tongue.