Fallen Forest Ch.2

*Knock Knock*

Knocking sounds came from the door. One of the guards allowed the person in after finding out who it was as it turned out to be the guild master that came over to check up on things. He heard about the vampire elf's situation and wanted to come over to check up on Lute, but waited until the Hunters came over to do so to get more information and to see how it all plays out.

"Ah, Mr. Mire Millers. It's great to see you again," greeted Rodas to the guild master with a calm smile.

"Gah-hahaha! It's great to see you too Rodas! Jean and even Gale! It truly is a nice surprise! And who is this newcomer?" Mire replied while his arm and neck muscles flexed a little while he talked.

Mire eyeballed the silent Hunter while he asked Rodas and the other two Hunters. To him, the youngster didn't seem to be very social as the young man continued to glare at the sleeping elf silently. The young Hunter seemed to have ignored everyone else and only focused on the vampire in the room.

"Ah, his name is Gerald Vonrick and he is a new recruit to our Hunter's association of the Church. Especially to our group," explained Jean to the guild master.

"I see, well as long as he doesn't hinder your work, I don't mind him hanging around," said the guild master as he shifts his gaze toward the sleeping Lute. " So, it is true that there was someone who can turn an elf into a vampire. And a high elf at that, huh?" Mire asked in a serious tone as he walks over to get a good look at the vampire elf.

"Yes. Lute's situation continues to baffle the Hunter's Association and the church. In fact, everyone in the world had been very concerned with this matter and has been trying to help us find him for years up until now. It wasn't just us that was searching for him, however." Rodas said in a concerned voice. "I know that we have good intentions, but that doesn't mean everyone else's intentions are..."

"Right..." Mire then looked over at Gerald who seemed to be deaf with a hint of suspicion in his eyes.

Suzy was a little startled when she heard this and asked why. It was Gale's turn to explain things.

"Ah, that's because of how powerful Lute here is... You already know how powerful the rumored high elves are, right? Well, since Lute is the first and possibly the only case of an elf-turned-vampire. Many people would seek him out for his power and try to control him as their slave. Even more so for he's a high elf with the ancient power of the fae." Gale said with a carefree attitude, but his eyes say something else as he looked over to Suzy and the others. "Can you imagine the war potential his power would have? Is what some may be thinking while others just want him dead because he's a vampire and a potential threat."

"Right, we came here as fast as we can to prevent that and put him under our protection. We want to avoid having Lute on the blacklist of our organization after all. Of course, not everyone is like-minded, and we understand that hence our current situation." explained Rodas. "That's if Lute hadn't attacked others as a mindless infected."

Suzy and the others in the group now understand how serious the elf's situation is and were worried. They were all hoping that Lute would be sane when he woke up and not be a mindless vampire, but one could only hope in this kind of situation that required them to wait. If that really did happen, Lute would not be considered a person but rather a monstrous vampire that needed to be exterminated.

As everyone was in a depressed silence, Lute stirs and showed signs of waking up.

"Nng... Where am... I?" asked Lute in a hoarse voice while in a daze.