Chapter 1

In a vast, clear, crisp, and boundless sky, from it, a black speck rockets across the horizon.

The image of unbridled freedom.

Tucked into the riding position, a rider appears to be part of the dragon.

They dip, roll and dive, over a sea teeming with Thunderdrums, pulling off daring maneuvers with honed refinement, making them seem effortless.

"Yeah!"

Yelled the rider.

They jackknife, heading skyward, rolling and tumbling through the ethereal cloud-scapes, and joining high-flying Timberjacks as they soar in formation.

The rider is bound head-to-toe in a snug, aerodynamic flight suit– an asymmetrical, functional design of leather and articulated plates.

It has an air of Viking bike leather.

"What do you think, bud? Wanna give this another shot?"

Asked the rider to his dragon.

"Oh, come on."

The dragon grumbles in protest.

"Toothless! It'll be fine."

He replied.

With a click of a lever, he locks the pedals in the flared tail position.

The rider then unhooks himself from the saddle.

"Ready?"

Asked the rider.

"When you are."

The dragon known as Toothless snorts unenthusiastically.

Suddenly, the rider slides off of Toothless, peeling away from him like a skydiver from a plane, yelling as he plummets.

Toothless dives after him.

They spiral through the air, face-to-face.

The dragon is having fun, despite himself.

When he sees the ocean, the rider slips his forearms through a pair of tucked leather flaps and yanks, unfurling sheets of leather as he extends his arms.

They catch the wind, snapping like wings, and sending him gliding.

Toothless unfolds his wings, too, catching up with his rider.

The freedom is palpable.

The rider and the dragon are, for the moment, the same.

Feeling the same rush of adrenaline.

Independently together.

They plunge past cloud formations, splitting apart and then crossing paths again.

"This is amazing!"