Chapter 3: Why?

⚠️WARNING ⚠️
⚠️VIOLENCE, HARASSMENT ⚠️

⚠️WARNING ⚠️⚠️VIOLENCE, HARASSMENT ⚠️

Ella POV.

I overslept. Can somebody tell me how I slept through 4 alarms. I was already an hour late. To make matters worse I had no clean clothing and I had to look through the dirty pile of laundry. I took a simple white blouse with a knee length pencil skirt and lets not forget about my heels.

I rushed out the door still struggling to put on my right heel. I finally got my heel on so I rushed to the elevator. I hurried to my apartment building parking lot and I got into my car and drove off.

                        ~~~~~~~~~~~

I walked into the busy office building. As the elevators door opened I was greeted by they one person who I didn't want to see so early in the morning.... Elijah. We made eye contact for a split second but I decided to look at the floor since it seemed less intimidating. I walked into the elevator still busy looking the floor. I clicked the button where my floor was and I went and stood at the back of the elevator. It was dead silent only thing that was making a sound was the awful elevator music. After a crucial silence and 5 minutes of waiting the doors finally opened up. I tried rushing out of the elevator, but I was immediately pulled back and the elevators doors closed. I looked up at the man who pulled me harshly back into the elevator . I gave him a deadly glare since he had no right of touching me so harshly. He got the memo and he let go of my wrist like it was on fire.

He pressed the emergency stop button just great I'm stuck with an asshole. While I was zoned out, busy having a rampage, he cleared his throat.

" Miss Richardson , no need to be in such a hurry. I'm sure your boss would understand why you are late.", he said with a mischievous glint in his eyes.

I just huffed knowing my boss would have a problem with my tardiness.

"That's where you wrong sir. My boss would be livid since he doesn't tolerate tardiness so if you will please be kind enough and press the button so I can get out and hopefully not lose my job." I rambled hoping he would be smart enough and let me go.

He looked at me intensely, it started to feel very hot and stuffy in the elevator. I broke eye contact and once again admired the floor. That's when I felt him lifting my chin up to look at him. I looked into his eyes, it felt like I was busy losing myself in his eyes.

"Tell me Miss Richardson why did you leave me alone?" he asked

I was shocked because all the things he could've ask, he asked the one question I don't have a answer for. To be honest I don't even know why I left. I use the excuse of being late for work, but that didn't give me the reason of not waking him up and letting him know I'm leaving. Truth be told I was actually scared because he made me feel adventurous, safe and a few other things. I haven't felt like that in a long time and I have a pretty good reason why.