Chapter 2

The tension was at its climax, all three leaders of the Earth, Water and Air tribes eyeing one another. None of them could muster the courage to speak their mind after the mind-blowing incident that occurred a few hours ago, even more in presence of their respective child. 

But patience wasn't a certain ravenette's forte. The young one was frustrated upon sensing the lingering pressure in the room. His eyes were wandering around looking for a familiar ginger, growing restless by the minutes. He wanted to voice his concern but the atmosphere dissuaded him to do so. He could see the same conflicted emotions portrayed on the two other boys' face. 

Another ten long minutes of awaiting pulled his last straw. He took a last glimpse at his soulmates' before tugging on his mother' sleeve to gain her attention.

"Mommy, why are we here ? Where's Sho-chan ? I wanna see him..."

The blonde kid didn't waste a minute to interject, adjusting his glasses in the process.   

"Read the room Tobi!" 

Truthfully, Kei was thankful to the other for asking... The ambience was suffocating, leaving him on edge. He wanted to know what they were dealing with as well. He had been woken up in a hurry by his parents in the middle of the night and kept in the dark about anything regarding the situation at hand, not to mention the absence of his omega and his parents. It didn't take a genius to guess that the current meeting revolve around the Fire tribe and the perspective of his omega endangered didn't sooth the blonde's nerves in the slightest. Regardless, he knew better not to push around the adults for answers. 

A sigh escaped his father, his golden gaze meeting his son's while a melancholic smile tugged at the corner of his lips. Fujin Tsukishima, leader of the Air tribe was aware of the fact that they couldn't postpone any longer this conversation. In this regard, he finally uttered in a strangled voice the following statement, accepting sorrowfully its consequences :

"The Fire tribe's lands has been ravaged, leaving nothing left but ashes... We immediately sent some of our men to search for survivors but to no avail... All of them perished..."

Hearing these words, the three boys' heart dropped in their chest. Realisation slowly sinking in, the three young alphas' breath itched while a strong wave of nausea overcame their body. In a low whisper, the three brokenhearted souls let out in unison a cry of desperation, the name of their deceased lover dying on their lips. 

"Sho...?"

"He's gone, sweethearts..."