𝐇𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐲 𝐏𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫

Harry Potter

Harry Potter. The boy who lived. The boy who survived the killing curse. The famous wizard with the lightning scar. Oh, how you longed to be with him. Not because of his fame, but because you cared about him. And yet, you knew you just couldn't. Why? Because with all of his responsibilities, he just didn't have time for a relationship.

You first saw him at Platform 9¾ while boarding the Hogwarts Express. You turned to see a dark-haired boy with glasses, and without even seeing the scar on his forehead, you knew exactly who he was. But you felt nothing. No shock, no surprise, nothing. He smiled at you, and you waved back to him, stepping onto to train.

He must have watched you from the moment you got on, because he knew exactly which compartment you were in so he could find you. That day you spent the train ride buying lots of snacks, talking about your hopes for the future, and having deep discussions about your childhood.

But after that, you hadn't seen Harry but a few times in the hallways and the Great Hall of Hogwarts, as you had been sorted into Hufflepuff and him into Gryffindor. You exchanged a few occasional hi's and hello's but you never got to have a full on conversation.

One day in your fourth year at Hogwarts, you were sitting in the Hufflepuff common room, just thinking. Thinking about Harry, and that day you met him on the train. Everything about him seemed amazing to you, and you knew you definitely had some sort of feelings for him. You had actually hoped to be sorted into Gryffindor so that you'd be able to spend more time with him, but that didn't happen.

After a while you decided to go outside for a walk. Walking along the bridge, you saw a familiar dark-haired boy with glasses leaning on a pole.

"Harry?" You called out to him. He turned to face you. He smiled softly and waved at you, then motioned for you to come over. You did exactly that.

"What are you doing out here?" You asked curiously. "Shouldn't you be inside?"

"I could ask the same to you, Y/N." Harry responded. "But I'm out here, just thinking. I was put in the Triwizard Tournament, Y/N. I want to know why. It all seems like some sort of prank."

"I know, I thought so at first too.. But then I thought about it. Everything at Hogwarts since you arrived has happened to you." You reminded him. "You're destined for greatness, Harry." You said, your voice just above a whisper.

Harry turned to you, staring into your eyes. "You know what I've always liked about you?" He asked.

"What?"

"You didn't care that I'm famous. You don't stand near me with wide eyes, thinking, "Oh my God, I'm standing next to Harry Potter." You're comfortable around me, and you actually care."

You give Harry a small, soft smile and place your hand on his shoulder, turning and looking at the view of Hogwarts from up so high.

"That's because I believe people like you aren't supposed to be gawked at like you're doing show and tell. Especially you, Harry. With all you've went through, you deserve some respect. And it's not pity, it's true."

And with that, Harry pulled you close into a tight embrace. "You know, even though we don't talk much anymore, you've always been my bestest friend." He told you. He squeezed you as you hugged, burying his face into your shoulder. "You just get me."

"I do, Harry, I do."

In the moment, you felt confident enough to confess your feelings.

"Harry... There's something I wanna tell you..." You say softly, and he pulls away.

"What is it?" He asks.

"I have feelings for you, Harry. I know you don't have the time for relationships with all you go through, and I know you don't feel the same, but I just-"

Harry kissed your lips, not letting you finish.

Once you pulled away, he said, "I may not have time for other things, but I'll always have time for you, Y/N."

You blushed at the sudden kiss you two shared and the words coming out of his mouth. You had no idea he shared the same feelings for you as you did.

"I love you. I always have." You finished.

"I love you too."

And with that, you two held hands, walking back to your common rooms together. Splitting paths at the grand staircase, you both said your goodbyes.

"Until we meet again." You thought, walking back inside.