Chapter 1

(A/N: All of the chapters will be written in third person now)

Proximas paled considerable as he heard his brother's placement. What also upsetted him was the fact that Sirius didn't seem to care. The boy flipped his hair out of his face and, with a smile, proceeded to ungracefully waddle over to the house of the lion.

Proximas' mouth nearly dropped agape. It was like all of Walburga's teachings had been thrown out the window. Proximas' eyes hardened when he saw Sirius conversing with a red headed girl with emerald green eyes. Walburga had the brothers memorize each and every single one of the pureblooded families of Britain.

Proximas was not looking at a pureblood.

He forced his breathing to slow as his anger churned. Proximas subsequently felt nails dig into his shoulders and immediately got a whiff of an intensly infatuating scent. Alyssa Greengrass.

"Proximas," she purred, draping her arms over his shoulders. Proximas felt bile rise in his throat as he felt her touch. He understood he looked good, but if this was how girls would react to him, he'd rather swallow a knife.

Proximas hid behind his perfect masquerade as he flashed her a dazzling smile, catching her off-guard. "Greetings, Heiress Greengrass," he said kissing her hand, "a pleasure as always."

Alyssa's smile widened as she sat down beside him, leaning into his side. Proximas continued to eat his meal with flawless etiquette, occasionally glancing over to the Gryffindor table to observe his brother. Sirius had a chicken drumstick in each hand, taking large bites whilst talking. It was almost as repulsive as Alyssa's flirtations.

***

Proximas was getting to be good friends with a boy named Severus Snape. The boy was almost as good as him in academics whilst also being loyal. The two walked into Charms on the third week of school to find an interesting sight.

For starters, everyone quieted respectfully as he entered the classroom. Proximas had established his superiority over most of the students, although his brother's little band of miscreants were proving to be quite troublesome.

Proximas and Severus traversed the classroom to their usual seats at the back to find them occupied by two girls. A blonde and fiery red head. To their left was what James Potter called "The Mauraders."

Proximas flashed the two girls his dazzling smile, making both of them blush. He took the blonde's hand and brushed his lips across her knuckles making her smile dreamily.

"Why would such a lovely lady like you be sitting in the back row?" Proximas asked her.

The blonde peered into his eyes. "W-w-well I-I th-thought—"

Her voice died in her throat as Proximas grabbed her hand and moved closer to her, watching as Sirius turned red in the corner of his eye.

"What might your name be?" Proximas purred. It aggravated him that he had to charm his way to his desired outcome, as an argumentative approach would only spur a Gryffindor on.

"M-M-Mar-Marl—"

"I'm sorry I can't quite understand you, my dear," Proximas said with a smile.

"Her name is Marlene Mckinnon," the red head said from beside the blonde. Proximas' head snapped to the side looking at her. He recognized her as the girl James was always bantering with.

"Oh? And who might you be?"

"Lily Evans."

"A pleasure to be acquainted, Miss Evans," Proximas said with a smile.